Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Did I get ripped off?

fragment

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 V Blackwing
So my BW5 came spec’d with performance buckets with carbon shells and semi aniline leather (a $9,300 CAD option here). I was expecting the v-logo waffle pattern on the seats but this is what I got. Maybe I don’t understand the option list and configuration but this doesn’t seem right. Did I get what I paid for?

IMG_1904.jpeg

Last edited:
It is correct. The top tier semi-aniline seats have the V-logo waffle pattern on top as opposed to the lower part of the backrest which the intermediate tier seats have.

It is correct. The top tier semi-aniline seats have the V-logo waffle pattern on top as opposed to the lower part of the backrest which the intermediate tier seats have.
Thanks. I’d like to believe the dealer but they are so sketchy

No V on the seats, but there is a V logo in the carbon on the back.

If you have this option, be glad you have it. The seats are very nice and comfortable, and I still say down the road they will be considered "rare".

Thanks. I’d like to believe the dealer but they are so sketchy
Confused as to how you think the dealer would have pulled a fast one here. Surely you have a window sticker that lists the seats you actually have. It's not like the dealer would pull the seats out and install cheaper ones to try to screw with you. And if for some reason the car was actually built with the wrong seats it wouldn't be the dealers fault.

Confused as to how you think the dealer would have pulled a fast one here. Surely you have a window sticker that lists the seats you actually have. It's not like the dealer would pull the seats out and install cheaper ones to try to screw with you. And if for some reason the car was actually built with the wrong seats it wouldn't be the dealers fault.
Ahhhh. You must not be Canadian. In Canada, dealers re-print window stickers and they look like they come from the manufacturer. So they make the price look how they want it etc. This is apparently not illegal. Not all dealers do it of course. And since I couldn’t factory order….

Whoa! That's very weird. You could also check all the RPO codes, those can't be changed. I'm also assuming CN cars use the same RPO codes as in the US. The correct RPO code for those seats in the pic is HMR

Canada doesn't have a law for monroney stickers however I've never seen a new vehicle not have one here in Canada that wasn't the original one that came with the car.

Canada doesn't have a law for monroney stickers however I've never seen a new vehicle not have one here in Canada that wasn't the original one that came with the car.
Yeah that claim seems sketchy. Even if there isn't a law specifically for window stickers changing one seems like it would be garden variety fraud, which would be covered under a myriad of laws.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back