Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

I'll do a quick intro. I'm an owner of a 23 CT4VBW as of Monday! I'm 48 with 2 teenage boys and a mid 20s stepdaughter. I have owned over 30 cars and currently have a Rivian R1T as well that I'll probably move on from to daily the CT4. I've had a whole bunch of different cars, but prefer fast sedans. I have had a few chipped 3 series but never an M car. After driving predominantly SUVs and pickups the last few years, happy to be back in a sedan. Now I have to work on keeping the black paint looking good!! :)
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!

Debated making this all about my cars but hey, this is a car forum.

Attached is my car history(only the fun-ish cars), a healthy blend of american muscle, german, japanese and even a british sample thrown in.

I am in my late 30s and have a wife and 5 year old daughter. The blackwing was a way to get my whole family to enjoy the car, otherwise on most of my fun drives it was just me. My daughter loves cars and I hope that's something I can pass on to her. Going to have to teach her to drive a stick once she can reach the pedals.

Attachments

• IMG_0507 (1).JPG
    IMG_0507 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1635 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1635 Large.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3426 Large.jpeg
    IMG_3426 Large.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 61
  • DSC_0935.JPG
    DSC_0935.JPG
    595.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 49983983-1ddb-4926-912e-5adfac75c2a1.JPG
    49983983-1ddb-4926-912e-5adfac75c2a1.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I'm Joe from East Central Indiana. Graduated from Purdue and became a draftsman (lead holder and mylar). Worked on exterior lighting for GM. Ended up designing the 2004 Ford GT headlamp, 2007 Silverado headlamp, C5 retractable headlamp and the 1994 and 1998 Firebird retractable headlamp. After GM sold our division, I worked for a small defense contractor. Designed some cool stuff for these guys. Currently designing tie rod air cylinders. Recently sold a BMW R9T and still have a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC. Raced a quad in the GNCC series in the mid to late 1980's. Went to the Blackwater 100 a few times. That's me at 40:43 on the white Mojave doing the u-turn and back flip.
Sold a 2017 ZL1 before I got my 4BW. Waiting to retire in a few years.

I'm Joe from East Central Indiana. Graduated from Purdue and became a draftsman (lead holder and mylar). Worked on exterior lighting for GM. Ended up designing the 2004 Ford GT headlamp, 2007 Silverado headlamp, C5 retractable headlamp and the 1994 and 1998 Firebird retractable headlamp. After GM sold our division, I worked for a small defense contractor. Designed some cool stuff for these guys. Currently designing tie rod air cylinders. Recently sold a BMW R9T and still have a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC. Raced a quad in the GNCC series in the mid to late 1980's. Went to the Blackwater 100 a few times. That's me at 40:43 on the white Mojave doing the u-turn and back flip.
Great job on the FGT headlights!! I’m a current R9T owner. Love the bike but considering selling it.

I’m currently debating getting a 4BW. Currently have a 2017 GT350 that I would be selling for the BW. I’ve owned it over 6 years and have put 38k great miles on her but it’s time for something new.

I live in Utah and work for the VA hospital. Also a Navy Vet. 40 years old and just living life.

Wow that Ford GT headlight you designed is spectacular. Love the 100 in there...brilliant!

Career IT guy here (network, servers, mail). Have had great opportunities along the way through life to do different jobs starting with defense electronics, then semiconductor hardware engineering tech, then into IT, now consulting on email threats.

Since 2000, i've had an S-10, a Z4 (2.5 litre), a GTi, Crosstrek, BRZ, Civic Si, 2nd Gen Z4, BMW M440i, and now my Blackwing. I've also been a motorcycle guy until I got smidsy'd. Getting hit turned me of the bikes so now I am "the guy to beat" at track days. I'm the guy to beat because I'm usually the slowest on track

Career IT guy here (network, servers, mail). Have had great opportunities along the way through life to do different jobs starting with defense electronics, then semiconductor hardware engineering tech, then into IT, now consulting on email threats.

Since 2000, i've had an S-10, a Z4 (2.5 litre), a GTi, Crosstrek, BRZ, Civic Si, 2nd Gen Z4, BMW M440i, and now my Blackwing. I've also been a motorcycle guy until I got smidsy'd. Getting hit turned me of the bikes so now I am "the guy to beat" at track days. I'm the guy to beat because I'm usually the slowest on track
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!

Alright, I’ll bite. I’m in my late 30’s, married with 3 young kids. I have been into cars for a long time and grew up helping my dad do maintenance and eventually work on some sports cars in my high school years. I haven’t had a lot of cars due to lack of finances with helping put my wife through grad school, then having kids (holy cow what an expensive process that is these days). I daily drove manuals for about 14 years, then had to get some boring family vehicles for a while. Finally getting back into what I want which will just barely work for the family, but hey, the car is for me and mainly for work. We have an SUV for our normal outings with everyone. My new Blackwing will be a 6MT and I will be back to daily driving a manual.

I had a 1995 V6, 5spd Camaro in high school and through college.
Eventually bought my first new car, a 2012 VW Golf TDI, 6spd, to replace the Camaro. I loved that Golf. It got bought back during the big dieselgate scandal. I then used the funds to buy an SUV for our growing family.
I acquired my dad’s 1998 Camaro SS during that time as a toy car (He no longer really wanted it or drove it). It’s the same car he had when I was younger which we worked on it together. It has about 425HP and I have been throwing ideas around in my head about finally putting a cam and some heads on the thing. It’s got the good ole LS1 with the T56 6spd transmission. I still have the car and drive it frequently when the weather allows. It’s in great shape for being 25 years old.
I finally got out of some mundane vehicles and most recently have been driving a Tesla Model Y as my daily. It’s been a great car for the past 2.5 years and I think I might miss the pure convenience of daily commuting with it and never stopping at the gas station. I will be trading it in shortly after the BW finally arrives.
I plan on keeping the BW long term and just adding it to the stable once I get my next car (which will probably need to be a larger family hauler).

My dad currently has a 2019 GT350 and a 2013 Z06, both manuals which I have driven quite a bit. I’m curious how the BW TR6060 compares the the Z06 TR6060 in feel and gearing.

I will try to come back and edit this with some old pictures stored somewhere on a hard drive.

Alright, I’ll bite. I’m in my late 30’s, married with 3 young kids. I have been into cars for a long time and grew up helping my dad do maintenance and eventually work on some sports cars in my high school years. I haven’t had a lot of cars due to lack of finances with helping put my wife through grad school, then having kids (holy cow what an expensive process that is these days). I daily drove manuals for about 14 years, then had to get some boring family vehicles for a while. Finally getting back into what I want which will just barely work for the family, but hey, the car is for me and mainly for work. We have an SUV for our normal outings with everyone. My new Blackwing will be a 6MT and I will be back to daily driving a manual.

I had a 1995 V6, 5spd Camaro in high school and through college.
Eventually bought my first new car, a 2012 VW Golf TDI, 6spd, to replace the Camaro. I loved that Golf. It got bought back during the big dieselgate scandal. I then used the funds to buy an SUV for our growing family.
I acquired my dad’s 1998 Camaro SS during that time as a toy car (He no longer really wanted it or drove it). It’s the same car he had when I was younger which we worked on it together. It has about 425HP and I have been throwing ideas around in my head about finally putting a cam and some heads on the thing. It’s got the good ole LS1 with the T56 6spd transmission. I still have the car and drive it frequently when the weather allows. It’s in great shape for being 25 years old.
I finally got out of some mundane vehicles and most recently have been driving a Tesla Model Y as my daily. It’s been a great car for the past 2.5 years and I think I might miss the pure convenience of daily commuting with it and never stopping at the gas station. I will be trading it in shortly after the BW finally arrives.
I plan on keeping the BW long term and just adding it to the stable once I get my next car (which will probably need to be a larger family hauler).

My dad currently has a 2019 GT350 and a 2013 Z06, both manuals which I have driven quite a bit. I’m curious how the BW TR6060 compares the the Z06 TR6060 in feel and gearing.

I will try to come back and edit this with some old pictures stored somewhere on a hard drive.
Thanks for tell us a little about yourself!

What's up guys! Im a 29 year old CE drafting tech for the city of LA (California) & got my 6mt 4BW in June. I have a 3 year old boy & 1 year old girl that love "daddys faster car." Im engaged to their mother & probably should have used the blackwing money on the wedding... but car guy priorities i guess 🤣
I was a certified Nissan Technician for most of my 20s which really contributed to my car addiction. I also did alot of street racing back before the scene turned into what it looks like today. But, becoming a dad changes alot of things; just not the itch for more power 😅 I had a clean manual 98 kouki, 2 g37 sedans (one i swapped to manual & e85) & an 18 SS 1LE. Lots of dailys in between & a current 4x4 project Xterra that is gathering dust now because of the blackwing lol
I was going to boost my last 6mt g37 sedan, but I decided to buy a new 6mt boosted sedan instead because I really missed the alpha chassis & TR6060 from the 1LE i used to have. I already have the MPVi3, a fuel cam, throttle body, green filters & spark plugs sitting in my garage. Going to order the downpipes next month & then shipping the ECU to HP tuners to really enjoy the LF4 😁
Anyways, glad to be apart of the club... these cars are so much fun!

What's up guys! Im a 29 year old CE drafting tech for the city of LA (California) & got my 6mt 4BW in June. I have a 3 year old boy & 1 year old girl that love "daddys faster car." Im engaged to their mother & probably should have used the blackwing money on the wedding... but car guy priorities i guess 🤣
I was a certified Nissan Technician for most of my 20s which really contributed to my car addiction. I also did alot of street racing back before the scene turned into what it looks like today. But, becoming a dad changes alot of things; just not the itch for more power 😅 I had a clean manual 98 kouki, 2 g37 sedans (one i swapped to manual & e85) & an 18 SS 1LE. Lots of dailys in between & a current 4x4 project Xterra that is gathering dust now because of the blackwing lol
I was going to boost my last 6mt g37 sedan, but I decided to buy a new 6mt boosted sedan instead because I really missed the alpha chassis & TR6060 from the 1LE i used to have. I already have the MPVi3, a fuel cam, throttle body, green filters & spark plugs sitting in my garage. Going to order the downpipes next month & then shipping the ECU to HP tuners to really enjoy the LF4 😁
Anyways, glad to be apart of the club... these cars are so much fun!
Thanks for sharing!

Hey all! It’s awesome reading about other people’s journeys here, great idea starting this thread. I just purchased my 4BW last month, really loving it so far. I’m originally from Kentucky but I currently live in South Florida. I’m 29 years old and I’m a software engineer for a living, graduated with a degree in Computer Science. I primarily work on mobile apps and I’ve been doing that since 2012 or so. I got married to my wife last year and we have no kids currently.

I’ve had a major passion for cars for as long as I can remember. I’ve owned quite a few of them at this point, the classic curse of being a car guy haha 😂 . These are some of the cars I’ve owned in the past: CTS, Mustang GT, C7 Corvette, Mustang GT #2, Shelby GT350, and now the CT4-V BW. I learned to drive stick on the corvette and I’ve been hooked on manual transmissions ever since. I’m really glad I found this forum, it’s always nice meeting other people with similar interests!

Hey all! It’s awesome reading about other people’s journeys here, great idea starting this thread. I just purchased my 4BW last month, really loving it so far. I’m originally from Kentucky but I currently live in South Florida. I’m 29 years old and I’m a software engineer for a living, graduated with a degree in Computer Science. I primarily work on mobile apps and I’ve been doing that since 2012 or so. I got married to my wife last year and we have no kids currently.

I’ve had a major passion for cars for as long as I can remember. I’ve owned quite a few of them at this point, the classic curse of being a car guy haha 😂 . These are some of the cars I’ve owned in the past: CTS, Mustang GT, C7 Corvette, Mustang GT #2, Shelby GT350, and now the CT4-V BW. I learned to drive stick on the corvette and I’ve been hooked on manual transmissions ever since. I’m really glad I found this forum, it’s always nice meeting other people with similar interests!
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing a little about yourself!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back