Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

I just recently started giving the Blackwing more attention, since I'm finding that I want to take my 2 GSD's with us more these days and not leave them at home so much. We have other SUV's and trucks that are good for them on longer trips, but I love driving a fun car, and the 5 Blackwing may fill that need to be the right fit to do it all.

I've always been a GM guy (mostly trucks and Corvettes) - currently have a '66 427 convertible, a '19 Z06 and a 2500HD Chevrolet Duramax. We have other makes of SUV's and motorcycles too, but that's a longer discussion. The Blackwing will replace the '19 if I can bring myself to actually sell it - it'll be tough saying goodbye to the last year for a manual transmission Corvette.

I'm originally from south central Kentucky (not far from Bowling Green) so my love of Corvettes began at a young age. After college and some time in the military, I began a career in federal law enforcement which took me all over the country and I spent a majority of that time living in Alaska. After retiring a few years ago, I moved out of Alaska and ended up in southern Illinois, where I've been tinkering with bikes and cars, playing with our dogs, and traveling with my other half in our RV (when she's not working).

I'm hoping that our dealer can get an allocation for a 5BW for us in the near future - fingers crossed. Looking forward to spending time here and learning more from the Blackwing community.

I just recently started giving the Blackwing more attention, since I'm finding that I want to take my 2 GSD's with us more these days and not leave them at home so much. We have other SUV's and trucks that are good for them on longer trips, but I love driving a fun car, and the 5 Blackwing may fill that need to be the right fit to do it all.

I've always been a GM guy (mostly trucks and Corvettes) - currently have a '66 427 convertible, a '19 Z06 and a 2500HD Chevrolet Duramax. We have other makes of SUV's and motorcycles too, but that's a longer discussion. The Blackwing will replace the '19 if I can bring myself to actually sell it - it'll be tough saying goodbye to the last year for a manual transmission Corvette.

I'm originally from south central Kentucky (not far from Bowling Green) so my love of Corvettes began at a young age. After college and some time in the military, I began a career in federal law enforcement which took me all over the country and I spent a majority of that time living in Alaska. After retiring a few years ago, I moved out of Alaska and ended up in southern Illinois, where I've been tinkering with bikes and cars, playing with our dogs, and traveling with my other half in our RV (when she's not working).

I'm hoping that our dealer can get an allocation for a 5BW for us in the near future - fingers crossed. Looking forward to spending time here and learning more from the Blackwing community.
Hey! I have a 66 427 convertible! 😂 I'm also retired from law enforcement

Attachments

• 290571110_7542943459109359_3075485394860348725_n.jpg
    290571110_7542943459109359_3075485394860348725_n.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 57

Welcome and thanks for sharing!

Hey! I have a 66 427 convertible! 😂 I'm also retired from law enforcement

Loved my years in law enforcement, but I feel for the guys in uniform and on the street these days. Retirement is nice! (y)
Is your '66 Trophy Blue or Mosport Green? Tough to tell in the bright daylight, since light really changes the look of those 2 colors. Mine is Trophy blue, but it looks darker in this photo that was taken on a pretty dark and overcast day.

Attachments

• IMG_5670.jpg
    IMG_5670.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
Loved my years in law enforcement, but I feel for the guys in uniform and on the street these days. Retirement is nice! (y)
Is your '66 Trophy Blue or Mosport Green? Tough to tell in the bright daylight, since light really changes the look of those 2 colors. Mine is Trophy blue, but it looks darker in this photo that was taken on a pretty dark and overcast day.
That's amazing! Two Trophy Blue big block cars with white tops! What are the odds? Apparently we have similar tastes! 😂
Yeah I wouldn't take that job for all the money in the world these days! No thanks!!

Attachments

• 979875_538387046231737_1820249795_o.jpg
    979875_538387046231737_1820249795_o.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
That's amazing! Two Trophy Blue big block cars with white tops! What are the odds? Apparently we have similar tastes! 😂
Yeah I wouldn't take that job for all the money in the world these days! No thanks!!

Definitely similar taste for sure! Trophy Blue is certainly a color you don't see very often, and that combo even less. I was looking for a Mosport car when I ran across this one for sale and decided I liked it just as much. I have the original hub caps, but not the steel wheels, so I may get some one day put it back to a more original look. Yours looks great with the bolt-ons!

I really feel for the young guys in law enforcement that have just a few years on the job and all of a sudden the entire job climate changes the way it has. I would just walk away and find something new to do!

Definitely similar taste for sure! Trophy Blue is certainly a color you don't see very often, and that combo even less. I was looking for a Mosport car when I ran across this one for sale and decided I liked it just as much. I have the original hub caps, but not the steel wheels, so I may get some one day put it back to a more original look. Yours looks great with the bolt-ons!

I really feel for the young guys in law enforcement that have just a few years on the job and all of a sudden the entire job climate changes the way it has. I would just walk away and find something new to do!
I bought my car 28 years ago. I wasn't looking for any particular color. I just wanted an original car. Very happy with what I found!
I completely agree!!! I would just walk away as well!

I bought my car 28 years ago. I wasn't looking for any particular color. I just wanted an original car. Very happy with what I found!
I completely agree!!! I would just walk away as well!
Nice! I only got mine 10 years ago, but wanted a '66 BB conv since I saw my first one at 5 years old - a friend of my Dad's had one and I absolutely fell in love with it!! It was a '66 also, and since I was born in '66, it seemed appropriate to get that one someday. I had several other Corvettes before getting this one, but they were daily drivers.

Nice! I only got mine 10 years ago, but wanted a '66 BB conv since I saw my first one at 5 years old - a friend of my Dad's had one and I absolutely fell in love with it!! It was a '66 also, and since I was born in '66, it seemed appropriate to get that one someday. I had several other Corvettes before getting this one, but they were daily drivers.
I'm a few years ahead of you. I was a Mopar guy growing up but I always had a thing for mid year Corvettes so once could afford one that's what I got!

I'm a few years ahead of you. I was a Mopar guy growing up but I always had a thing for mid year Corvettes so once could afford one that's what I got!
There’s a lot of old Mopars out there that I’d still love to own!! 👍🏽

There’s a lot of old Mopars out there that I’d still love to own!! 👍
The GTX was my first nice car at 20 years old. The Roadrunner I bought in the mid nineties. I only owned both of them for a short time. The R/T is still in my garage. All auto on column unfortunately.
10285743_632413866829054_8294455614137494368_o.jpg
10363458_649643865106054_594870520893753075_o.jpg
67402691_2796085470461872_4923518326497345536_n (1).jpg

I'll give this a shot. Spend time between the Bay Area and Portland. Grew up in Minnesota and lived there till 2012. Retired airline pilot. Married for 42 years with 2 wonderful daughters in Portland. Have a 4 year old grand daughter who runs us ragged when we visit. First car was 1969 Olds 442 -hurst 4 Spd while in high school. Worked in gas station as pump boy -oil change guy and bought car for $1000 used with 70k miles. Bought my 2001 C5 convertible in 2011 after cancer scare and still have my baby. Bought C8 convertible in 2021 and sold it after 4 months. Great car just not for me. Should be getting my 2023 5BW within the next 2 weeks. It will be a final full circle ICE car for me. Started with a silver 1969 high performance sedan with manual transmission and ending with a similar 2023 sedan. This one will be brand new and only 93K more. I know for the last few months I probably won the male PMS award for Cadillac Derangement Syndrome (CDS). I apologize to all who grew tired of my bitching about the goat pen experience. I've tried to get off the bitch train since the first of the year and can't wait to experience the joy of owning this car. I'll let you know more when I get it. This is a really great forum and I have enjoyed chatting with some of you and learning from all. Thanks Rob for putting this site together. Craig

I'll give this a shot. Spend time between the Bay Area and Portland. Grew up in Minnesota and lived there till 2012. Retired airline pilot. Married for 42 years with 2 wonderful daughters in Portland. Have a 4 year old grand daughter who runs us ragged when we visit. First car was 1969 Olds 442 -hurst 4 Spd while in high school. Worked in gas station as pump boy -oil change guy and bought car for $1000 used with 70k miles. Bought my 2001 C5 convertible in 2011 after cancer scare and still have my baby. Bought C8 convertible in 2021 and sold it after 4 months. Great car just not for me. Should be getting my 2023 5BW within the next 2 weeks. It will be a final full circle ICE car for me. Started with a silver 1969 high performance sedan with manual transmission and ending with a similar 2023 sedan. This one will be brand new and only 93K more. I know for the last few months I probably won the male PMS award for Cadillac Derangement Syndrome (CDS). I apologize to all who grew tired of my bitching about the goat pen experience. I've tried to get off the bitch train since the first of the year and can't wait to experience the joy of owning this car. I'll let you know more when I get it. This is a really great forum and I have enjoyed chatting with some of you and learning from all. Thanks Rob for putting this site together. Craig
Great story and you needn't worry. I'm pretty sure I hold that award! 😂

Great story and you needn't worry. I'm pretty sure I hold that award! 😂
It was nice having company. Hope my delivery process goes a little smoother than yours. Glad you finally have your car and you love the color and overall quality. We Argents have to stick together!!!!!

It was nice having company. Hope my delivery process goes a little smoother than yours. Glad you finally have your car and you love the color and overall quality. We Argents have to stick together!!!!!
Absolutely!! Pretty sure you'll be driving yours before I will anyway but at least I can see it and touch it 😂
Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery for you!!!

The GTX was my first nice car at 20 years old. The Roadrunner I bought in the mid nineties. I only owned both of them for a short time. The R/T is still in my garage. All auto on column unfortunately.
Cool! I grew up in a Mopar family too. My first car was a '68 Belvedere, it looked just like your Road Runner but it was a slant 6. :LOL:

Cool! I grew up in a Mopar family too. My first car was a '68 Belvedere, it looked just like your Road Runner but it was a slant 6. :LOL:
LOL, slant 6...like the Duster I used to drive for drug store delivery. What a tin can that was.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back