Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rift Metallic

Anyone seen satin steel on an actual car? Any opinions? I'm leaning towards that or Infrared, though my order is currently Rift...

My 5V coming is Rift and I have never doubted the choice. 2nd probably would have been Satin Steel. Infrared looks totally dazzling in the sun, but I don't want to be that conspicuous. My bold choice would have been Blaze Orange.

Has anyone here ever had a black cadillac or a black car in general? I figured it would be an iconic look but I worry about difficulties with swirl marks and being hard to mark clean. Is anyone going to go black raven?
Black is the overwhelming color choice for the 5V BW in the registry by way more than a 2 to 1 ratio over the next closest color (Summit White).

I owned 4 black cars at the same time. The municipal water company sent me Christmas cards.

I've had so many black vehicles I literally can't count them. Maintenance is tough. I agree, unless it's a metallic, I think I'm done with black, especially with the dirt and dust out here. That said, a clean, polished black vehicle is absolutely beautiful.

white nocffront.png
Thank you for this visual. This is the closest thing I've seen except on Cadillac's own website. Rift with Bronze Wheels and blue caliper. So far I feel good about this option

Satin steel is the bomb What i got last week
Saw Satin Steel 4BW in the showroom today. I've gotta say it looks really handsome. White is my #1 choice but Satin steel definitely made it hard to still stick with Rift.

The main reason I'm choosing White this time around is there is no Blackwing badging or anything that really makes it stand out against the normal versions. What little Blackwing specific parts there is, white contrasts with it best. I don't want Blackwing badges plastered all over the place, looking super tacky, but to not have a single Blackwing badge is a bummer. I loved the badging on the GT350, subtle, but not invisible.

Otherwise I'd probably go with Satin Steel which was similar to the metallic gray I had on my GT350

#riftgang, check in. I love this color. I’m glad that I chose it. However, it’s a bitch to keep clean. Nothing hides and everything shows. You’re experiences? And yes, I have owned and still do currently own a black car. 😂

#riftgang, check in. I love this color. I’m glad that I chose it. However, it’s a bitch to keep clean. Nothing hides and everything shows. You’re experiences? And yes, I have owned and still do currently own a black car. 😂
^^^THIS^^^ I love the color but it does get dirty quick.......Oh well, its easy to wash and I enjoy doing it...

It friggen snowed again today in Chicago. We had a good rain storm saturday night to wash away all the salt. I've been waiting for that to come to get the BW out finally. The wait continues..

Once I'm able to get it out I plan to PPF. Thinking about using a matte clear. Anybody with experience? Good, bad, ugly?

It friggen snowed again today in Chicago. We had a good rain storm saturday night to wash away all the salt. I've been waiting for that to come to get the BW out finally. The wait continues..

Once I'm able to get it out I plan to PPF. Thinking about using a matte clear. Anybody with experience? Good, bad, ugly?
I considered using matte PPF but, it seems to make the color lighter. I didn't want it any lighter than it already was.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back