Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

reverse cameras or all the cameras dont work this sucks

Greg5VBlackwing

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5V Blackwing 2023
C124D199-5D47-463A-94AC-FD88B9F65638.jpeg
B26891DF-000E-4625-947A-743EC6129B04.jpeg

Last edited:
I have not seen that before. I believe the dealer will fix that quickly, but it sucks to have to take in a new car. There seems to be quite a few random issues popping up lately on both 4 and 5.

Hey Thanks, the dealer here is not open on Saturday and Sunday but or a tech for that matter. I’ll get there soon thanks.
Did they happen to come back after the car being off for the night? I’ve seen this happen before on various Cadillacs, but usually comes back after a hard reset (turn off, lock doors, etc.).

Did they happen to come back after the car being off for the night? I’ve seen this happen before on various Cadillacs, but usually comes back after a hard reset (turn off, lock doors, etc.).
Hey Eric , it never came back on yet my wife going to take it in 1 day to the dealership soon this week.

This is what happens when cars sit outside on outdoor lots for months at a time never being used as they were meant to be.

This is what happens when cars sit outside on outdoor lots for months at a time never being used as they were meant to be.
It probably doesn't help. My local dealer had about 8 BWs sitting on the lot for so long due to their $50k ADM that the techs have a log sheet where they have to cycle through the cars check the battery charge levels, start them up and move them around a bit to prevent tire flat spots, etc. They finally started letting 2022s go to make room for the 2023s showing up.

Last edited:
It probably doesn't help. My local dealer had about 8 BWs sitting on the lots for so long due to their $50k ADM that the techs have a log sheet where they have to cycle through the car check the battery charge levels, start them up and move them around a bit to prevent tire flat spots, etc. They finally started letting 2022s go to make room for the 2023s showing up.
Well it’s a 2023 Blackwing only 360 mile on it, I waited 3 months to get it and now problems has started. We’ll get it fix. I just hope they can figure it out.

Well it’s a 2023 Blackwing only 360 mile on it, I waited 3 months to get it and now problems has started. We’ll get it fix. I just hope they can figure it out.
It will get sorted. One thing you may want to try is disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes, which will force a reset of the sub systems. Kind of like forcing a reboot on a computer. Some of these camera glitches are software/firmware based issues and can cleared this way. If the issue continues then they will replace the associated module, display, etc.

It will get sorted. One thing you may want to try is disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes, which will force a reset of the sub systems. Kind of like forcing a reboot on a computer. Some of these camera glitches are software/firmware based issues and can cleared this way. If the issue continues then they will replace the associated module, display, etc.
Yeah I’ll disconnect it for a min. Thanks

I have to believe that the cars sitting for months in Detroit factory lots never get started or get the battery charged up.

There are a lot of other cars sitting just like the BW's. If they ALL were having this issue i'd chalk it up to doom lot. Cars live outside however. Just be thankful for warranties.

I have to believe that the cars sitting for months in Detroit factory lots never get started or get the battery charged up.
Vehicles manufactured in Europe sit for months during various steps of the process (factory, port, ship) and this is pretty normal. No one starts the vehicles at regular intervals to charge the battery.

The "Golden Child" only waiting 3 months ;-)

Perhaps just figuring out the fuse and pulling it might be less consequential to other systems (if that would work).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back