Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Reverse camera intermittently not working

cab777

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BW
Twice this week I've put my car (4BW, 6MT) into reverse and the backup camera didn't come on. It seemed to have fixed itself after the first time and was normal, but then it happened again this morning (pic attached of the error it is showing). It's been very cold here, the first time was after there was some ice on the car, so no idea if that's related, but was curious if anyone else had ever had a similar issue?

PXL_20230202_235658633.jpg

I would first try either pulling and re-seating the fuse for the camera or do a battery disconnect to reset everything. If that doesn't work, the camera might need to be replaced. I saw a couple of posts last year about rearview mirror cameras having this problem and replacement solved the issue. It was attributed to a bad seal around the camera housing. Might be the same issue for your backup camera.

I would first try either pulling and re-seating the fuse for the camera or do a battery disconnect to reset everything. If that doesn't work, the camera might need to be replaced. I saw a couple of posts last year about rearview mirror cameras having this problem and replacement solved the issue. It was attributed to a bad seal around the camera housing. Might be the same issue for your backup camera.
Thanks, really appreciate it!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners