Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Random CEL for front collision, ESC and diff service - 500 miles on car

White Bread

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'24 CT4-V BW - Cyber Yellow - 6 spd.
Something odd happened this morning. Car wouldn't start, gauge cluster wouldn't come on, etc. Thought it was a dead battery but after a few attempts (locking, unlocking seemed to make it work) I was finally able to get the car to fire up only to find a CEL for the aforementioned systems.

Took my kid to school and drove it around for about 30 minutes (10-15 miles) to see if it would clear and it never did. Car drove as normal the entire time.

Got home and pulled the negative terminal and it finally cleared. Haven't driven it yet to see if the CEL returns. Car rolled over 500 miles during my trip this morning.

Anyone experience anything similar?

It's almost become a cliche to suggest any weird electrical anomoly is the fault of a flat battery, but I'll still suggest to start there as these cars are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations. At 500 miles this car has been started many times and probably a number of short trips in 500 miles so the battery hasn't recovered. If you have a modern/smart charger I would let it sit overnight on a 2a charge and go from there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back