Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rev Hang on Blackwings

treddi

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CTS4V BW
Hey folks. I was forced to switch to an automatic since back in 2012 to keep the wife happy and ability to switch cars easily. However, I'm one of the 250 getting a CT4 BW with a manual.

I've been reading about rev hang affecting some of the cheaper vehicles out there. Some YT videos of the Civic Si for example seem horribly bad with rev hang. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the BWs? It seems like it should not be an issue as these are higher end models with more focus on power output over fuel economy. Anyone know more about this?

What is rev hang?

Lol I am too busy no lift shifting !!!

The pop is on the autos (fuel cut). The no lift shift on manuals is spark cut and will sound different (i love it). Yes keeps turbos spooled up for better acceleration. No backfiring during this. Everytime I do with my fam in the car my wife looks over and gives me the "How was that for you, did you like that and was it enough or you gona keep doing it for all to experience?!?!" Lmao

Absolutely wonderful. My wife sounds just like yours.

I just wish there was a mode for a perfect 1:1 Pedal Position = Throttle Position. It doesn't need to be like that all the time, but I don't need help with throttle shifting gears or starting from a stop. I understand keeping turbos spooled, but on a supercharged or N/A car give me old school cable actuated throttle (when I want it, because sometimes I'm gonna need traction control throttle cut, I'm sure, ha).

I just wish there was a mode for a perfect 1:1 Pedal Position = Throttle Position. It doesn't need to be like that all the time, but I don't need help with throttle shifting gears or starting from a stop. I understand keeping turbos spooled, but on a supercharged or N/A car give me old school cable actuated throttle (when I want it, because sometimes I'm gonna need traction control throttle cut, I'm sure, ha).
That’s what you think you want, but not what you actually want. Airflow isn’t linear with throttle angle in a butterfly valve. It’s very slow as you first crack the valve, maximum delta at 45 degrees, and slows as it approaches 90.
What you probably want is a linear torque response, instead of the overly sensitive “sport” mode at low rpms, or the slow “comfort” response.

I'm not sure what the throttle body is going to be on this particular variant of the LT4 for the 5 BW but, on the previous version, having your throttle body ported did wonders on initial tip in.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back