Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Recall code on 4BW 180259??

DCV

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Ct4 V Balckwing
So, I was talking to an Onstar person, she told me that there is a recall for my 4BW, its code 180259.....but she didn't know what it was. Any of you get that same recall notice and know what it is? Update: Just spoke to Lindsay and it's the wiring harness recall.

Last edited:
I have no idea. She told me it was issued on 9/11. But my sales guy said it some other thing, some sort of protective cover near the thermostat housing and nothing about the wiring harness. Guess I will find out on Saturday.

I saw that thread. But given that the service Dept and my sales guy told me different things, not sure which is correct. But I’ll report back of the outcome

Service dept is supposed to be closer to those matters than Sales. Although, since it was just issued, they may not have all the particulars yet. I have an appt on 9/29 for another matter, so I’ll see if my 4 is addressed for the fix.

My sales guy said this….

It says add anti-abrasion sleave to thermostat housing. Not sure doesn’t look major to me but should be done.

You should get a notification if it applies to your car, or check your Onstar diagnostics report.

I just got this reported in my September Onstar report as recall N222395370 which is different than the previous N222390620 they checked when I got my oil change last month. So I'm not sure if they are similar but different recalls.

My 4BW was in for an oil change two weeks ago and they did this recall work while I waited. Said it was wiring harness related.

Its just an inspection of the wiring harness to see if it has this issue that could cause overheating, it doesn't mean that you have the issue.

Hope it’s a quick fix. It’s going to be a great turbo weather here in the DC region this weekend and I want to do some fun drives. Low humidity and temps in the 70’s. Lots of power and good traction.

I called to get this recall done and they had to order a part… but with the strike, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a delay. Anybody else have this issue?

Same here. I went to dealership on Friday and after a few minutes they said a part was needed and that it’s a bit of work to install it at the rear of the engine and down low. So I’ll be told when the part comes in then get it done. I don’t daily it so no big deal.

Well it’s official, due to the strike the parts I was supposed to get shipped to the dealership to get this fixed, was not shipped and it’s delayed till strike is over. I would think for parts that directly address a possible dangerous situation, it would have been shipped…but it’s a no go. I assume others will be affected as well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back