Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Quirks of my 5BW

Champale

Seasoned Member
Anyone else have any weird little things you've noticed? I'm the only driver of this car.

1) Even though I never have rev match engaged, it will occasionally autoblip on a 3-2 downshift, maybe every 10 days it will do it once then not again.

2) The seat buzzer parking assist thing keeps coming on every 2-3 weeks even though I have it set to just beep and not buzz the seat. When it happens, I then check the settings and it's somehow set for buzz not beep so I switch it back.

3) Why do I unlock the car with the key fob, get in, close the door, and it does a quick stutter step warning honk sometimes? What am I doing wrong?

Item 3 has happened with my 4 a few times and happens fairly frequently if all I am doing is opening the trunk. If the car is locked and I open the trunk to put something in and then close it again, about 30% of the time it does the 3 honks as soon as trunk closes. Annoying as hell and I don’t know what triggers it.

I also had #3 happen to me a few times.

These new-fangled cars (all of them) have so many computers and gizmos and millions of lines of codes and sensors and other nonsense that every-so-often it gets a bad signal or too many signals or gets confused (OK, the door is shut now, where's the fob, is that option set, I forgot did he lock it the door and why is the... oh, heck, I'll just honk the horn, just in case).

It's called AI.

:boogie

After a few days in mine I've come to realize that they've spent a small fortune on gizmo R&D for things I don't want or need. They should make a no-frills, tech free, analog Z06 style version of this car and call it, IDK, the Cadillac SS or something. I'd buy 2 of them.

And then you end up with the folks who complain "I spent over $100K on this stupid car and it doesn't even have a parking sensor!"

Better yet, Caddy could do like Porsche, strip out a bunch of content and charge more for it. Track-focused, lightweight Blackwing RS, starting at $238,000.

I just want an epic driving experience, which the BW delivers. BUT the annoyance of all the electronics does get to me sometimes. It's not only with the BW but every single other car out these days.

I'm still tempted to pick up an E92 M3 or E60 M5 MT just for that more raw driving experience without all the extra electronics.

I just want an epic driving experience, which the BW delivers. BUT the annoyance of all the electronics does get to me sometimes. It's not only with the BW but every single other car out these days.

I'm still tempted to pick up an E92 M3 or E60 M5 MT just for that more raw driving experience without all the extra electronics.

Amen. I'd give anything for a car like the Blackwing but with 100% analog gauges, nothing but buttons and a single DIN radio. And no OnStar. That said, if you're a fan of the LT4/5 and a mind bending driving experience there is a solution....

Amen. I'd give anything for a car like the Blackwing but with 100% analog gauges, nothing but buttons and a single DIN radio. And no OnStar. That said, if you're a fan of the LT4/5 and a mind bending driving experience there is a solution....

I love my 5BW but I have to admit, I have an E90 M3 sitting around collecting dust and I've seen some tempting LS conversions...

Quirkiest car I've ever owned, right next to my old G80 M3.

An E60 is not a solution to your problem. I wouldn't call it a raw driving experience and it will for sure come with a laundry list of of issues.

Anyone else have any weird little things you've noticed? I'm the only driver of this car.

1) Even though I never have rev match engaged, it will occasionally autoblip on a 3-2 downshift, maybe every 10 days it will do it once then not again.

2) The seat buzzer parking assist thing keeps coming on every 2-3 weeks even though I have it set to just beep and not buzz the seat. When it happens, I then check the settings and it's somehow set for buzz not beep so I switch it back.

3) Why do I unlock the car with the key fob, get in, close the door, and it does a quick stutter step warning honk sometimes? What am I doing wrong?

#2 Just happened to me today. I've had the car for 3 days. I think it might be because I fiddled with V mode and then went back to sport mode?

#4 The automatic seatbelt tensioner. Went around a corner exuberantly and the seatbelt tried to strangle me to death.

#5 The clock won't set itself automatically without a friggin' OnStar subscription. Really Cadillac?

#4 The automatic seatbelt tensioner. Went around a corner exuberantly and the seatbelt tried to strangle me to death.
Laugh8.gif

Sorry, I had to laugh at that one.

#2 Just happened to me today. I've had the car for 3 days. I think it might be because I fiddled with V mode and then went back to sport mode?

#5 The clock won't set itself automatically without a friggin' OnStar subscription. Really Cadillac?
#4 is the revenge of ONstar. 🤭 Maybe #5, too.

I'm seriously considering a 4bw but the tech really is a downside for me. All the stuff that can break or malfunction: yuck.

My current fun car is about perfection to me i/r/t tech (i.e. none). Astute eyes will also note the CEL which constantly trips over the charcoal canister, showing that even with a bare-bones computer interface things are never quite happy still.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to a car that can do than one thing and can actually be driven on an errand and parked without mortal terror, which my Lotus cannot.

IMG_2520.jpg

I'm seriously considering a 4bw but the tech really is a downside for me. All the stuff that can break or malfunction: yuck.

My current fun car is about perfection to me i/r/t tech (i.e. none). Astute eyes will also note the CEL which constantly trips over the charcoal canister, showing that even with a bare-bones computer interface things are never quite happy still.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to a car that can do than one thing and can actually be driven on an errand and parked without mortal terror, which my Lotus cannot.

View attachment 24844

We put a supercharger on a friends Exige and that CEL was a permanent fixture no matter what you did. We used to commute to work in it. Crawling in and out was the only downside. 5 stars! :D

> We used to commute to work in it.
heroic. There should un-ironically be a metal awarded to anyone doing that.

I never get in/out of the Elise without the top off. I have Tillet B5 carbon seats in mine which makes the lotus position even more advanced to in/egress.

#1 - I've gotten random rev-match style throttle blips when approaching a stop several times. Gave up trying to figure it out, and never considered taking it to the dealer.

That Ultima RS is fascinating. I didn't know they existed. How much are they ?

That Ultima RS is fascinating. I didn't know they existed. How much are they ?

Depends on a lot of factors. Which version you choose (they still make the Evolution in addition to the RS), which drivetrain, whether or not you pick all the carbon bits and what state you get it sent to you (they can build you a car or they'll send you everything in a crate and you can build it yourself). Or you could buy a used GTR/EVO and just update the front and rear clamshells. Realistically an RS is going to cost $130K-ish for the car, unassembled sans motor. I haven't heard the factory assembly cost. They also have a years long wait list now. I wanted to build a second one but GM killed the LT5. If I find another reasonably priced LT5 in the box somewhere, it'd be hard to say no. And not to sound like a salesperson but the company is awesome and the quality of their car is off the charts. :D

They're definitely not cheap but my God they are fun.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back