Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions, Nits, Acclaim, and Observations after 1,500 miles

Awesome writeup! What are your plans for driving through the rainy season in PNW? Are you going to get another set of tires?
Nah, I've found Michelin PS anythings work great in everything but actual snow and ice on the hills here. Rain is never an issue and the PS4 line prior to the bespoke PS4s for the BW is actually really good in rain and still grips even from high 30s to low 40s where they were thought to become too hard. For actual snow/ice which probably happens about a 1-2 days/year, I'll just grab something else in the fleet and leave the BW in the garage.

5. Still trying to get used to the rear-view mirror camera. I like the extra width coverage it provides, but it's a bit too grainy overall. You can see cars/trucks fine, but it's not detailed enough to tell what kind of car until they are close. Also, due to the wider angle of the rear-view mirror camera it sometimes feels like cars passing in other lanes are very close to the Caddy when they're not. I know I can flip the thing and just have a normal mirror, but I want to give it a fair shake.

7. I did get one false car alarm the first night I had it at home in the garage around midnight. I ran out with my Glock (hey, i live in Texas :D :D) and all was well. Hasn't happened since.
For item #5, I found that if you commit to always using the rear-camera mirror the depth of field issue goes away in a couple of days (I used it for over 60k miles in the V3.) For the later versions including the one the BW, don't forget you can zoom in or out to set depth behind the car (and change brightness) using the buttons under the mirror.

For item #7, I do miss the glove box in my V3. It had the mounting box for the CD-changer (but no changer of course) which perfectly fit a G27 in a Galco holster. Fortunately the center console in the BW seems a bit wider and holds this setup fine (and is closer to me if needed.)

My list is pretty minor but here it is:

1) I was surprised at how stiff the clutch was. It seems a fair bit stiffer than the C7 Z06 or ZR1 but honestly the only stick I've been driving recently is the ND Miata so my perception might be skewed.
2) On the C8 you can angle the rearview mirror camera so you can see the rear spoiler. That helps a lot with figuring out how close a car is but on the BW I can't seem to find a view that shows me any of my car as a refrence. BTW, if you don't already know this you can cycle through the menus in the mirror to angle it up/down and zoom in/out.
3) I'm really glad the driver safety features are adjustable and defeatable. I'm finding they don't agree with my driving style :)

Bumping to add 2 questions (probably for Mirza):

1) Is it possible to get an automatic front camera activation to protect the front spoiler like we had on the V3? Took me a while to validate I hadn't missed a setting somewhere but it appears this feature isn't included. Will the front sensors and camera in their current locations facilitate this? I'd hate to crunch my carbon fiber spoiler because I forget to manually activate the camera view when parking.

2) Not sure if it's just my car or all, but when I back into the garage I use the dipped mirror feature but when I'm half-way in the mirrors return to their normal position. Not sure if it's the distance traveled (about 40-50 feet in reverse), transition to a darker area, or proximity to something in the garage setting off one of the parking sensors that causes the reversion. Given I park using the lines in stamped concrete, I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get around this?

THX!!

Bumping to add 2 questions (probably for Mirza):

1) Is it possible to get an automatic front camera activation to protect the front spoiler like we had on the V3? Took me a while to validate I hadn't missed a setting somewhere but it appears this feature isn't included. Will the front sensors and camera in their current locations facilitate this? I'd hate to crunch my carbon fiber spoiler because I forget to manually activate the camera view when parking.

2) Not sure if it's just my car or all, but when I back into the garage I use the dipped mirror feature but when I'm half-way in the mirrors return to their normal position. Not sure if it's the distance traveled (about 40-50 feet in reverse), transition to a darker area, or proximity to something in the garage setting off one of the parking sensors that causes the reversion. Given I park using the lines in stamped concrete, I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get around this?

THX!!
I’m interested on both of the above as well. I have the same issue as mentioned in #2. I have a long driveway and when backing out, halfway down my drive, the side mirrors tilt back to normal.

From the owners manual:

#1: "If equipped, the front view camera also displays when the Park Assist system detects an object within 30 cm (12 in)."

#2"Reverse Tilt Mirrors If equipped with reverse tilt mirrors and memory seats, the passenger and/ or driver mirror tilts to a preselected position when the vehicle is in R (Reverse). This allows the curb to be seen when parallel parking. The mirror(s) may move from their tilted position when:
  • The vehicle is shifted out of R (Reverse), or remains in R (Reverse) for about 30 seconds.
  • The ignition is turned off.
  • The vehicle is driven in R (Reverse) above a set speed.

Turn this feature on or off through vehicle personalization. See Vehicle Personalization."

I personally can't validate if any of this works!

tl;dr: rtfm :cool:

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'll run a timer next time around to see if I'm taking longer than 30 seconds - highly probable so I'll probably just need to make sure I hit the HomeLink button before I shift into reverse if I haven't been.

Camera isn't turning on for me at curbs or parking stones BUT maybe I'm being too conservative and chicken out before I get within 12 inches (don't think I had to be as close with the V3 so I may just need a new behavior. I'll setup an experiment at home with a rubber stop.

Anyone with a manual noticing that the shifts are extremely notchy. I feel like I have to push through a wall with each change. I haven't driven a manual in several years but I don't recall it being that difficult. 4 - 6 are much smoother than 1 - 3. Not sure if it matters, but this is on the 4.

I dont have a ton to compare it too, definitely takes a bit more effort than the civic si I drove, but it feels so good. Can anyone explain why the stick feels so much more connected to the gears in this car vs the manual M4 I drove?

Hello, Everyone. First post...

1376 miles on my black CT4BW Manual with both CFs and Sunroof. Nicknamed "the Boss".

Same issue with second gear... been that way since I drove it off the lot after delivery. I oddly appreciate it in a way because it let's you know you're fully in it when really pushing the car off the line. 3-6 smooth like the other posters have provided, but admittedly I'm still not used to the no lift shift.

It's a track car for everyday driving... not the other way around imo. Put a cup in the cup holder and enjoy shifting with t-rex arms (... just like my Gxp solstice). But I love driving it anyway. Everyone talks about the horses, but to me the torque, weight, and magnetic balance is what makes this animal beautiful. It's more Monet than Rembrant.

My only gripe... my speaker system is absolutely garbage. Everything rattles... Everything. Started on the passenger side and now transitioned to the driver's side because of changing the sound settings. To rid completely, the mid-range is all the way off. My wife's Bose system in her Cx5 Carbon murders this beautiful bundle of joy and was 1/2 the price.

I know before you say it... that's not what we got it for and I agree. I. Just. Wanted. It. To. Be. Perfect... and it is so darn close.

Thanks for this site and for this family.

Hello, Everyone. First post...

1376 miles on my black CT4BW Manual with both CFs and Sunroof. Nicknamed "the Boss".

Same issue with second gear... been that way since I drove it off the lot after delivery. I oddly appreciate it in a way because it let's you know you're fully in it when really pushing the car off the line. 3-6 smooth like the other posters have provided, but admittedly I'm still not used to the no lift shift.

It's a track car for everyday driving... not the other way around imo. Put a cup in the cup holder and enjoy shifting with t-rex arms (... just like my Gxp solstice). But I love driving it anyway. Everyone talks about the horses, but to me the torque, weight, and magnetic balance is what makes this animal beautiful. It's more Monet than Rembrant.

My only gripe... my speaker system is absolutely garbage. Everything rattles... Everything. Started on the passenger side and now transitioned to the driver's side because of changing the sound settings. To rid completely, the mid-range is all the way off. My wife's Bose system in her Cx5 Carbon murders this beautiful bundle of joy and was 1/2 the price.

I know before you say it... that's not what we got it for and I agree. I. Just. Wanted. It. To. Be. Perfect... and it is so darn close.

Thanks for this site and for this family.
This is a very common TR6060 issue. Grindy/Notchy 2nd gear. Especially those times when you are slowing to a stop, but decide not to stop completely and go into 2nd at 5mph to take off again. The colder the transmission is, the worse the problem. Put 2000 miles on the car, then change the transmission fluid, and it'll be much better.

Sitting in my car checking everything and realized that we have the folding side mirror's. I didn't know the cars came with that.

Anyone else notice the fans for the ventilated performance seats is pretty noisy when on high? I actually thought one of my speakers was hissing from the rear deck. Got into the back seat and suddenly the noise was coming from in front of me when I realized it was the fan in the seat.

Humorous side note, I closed the rear door when I got in the backseat to locate the noise, figured it out, and then when I was ready to try to get out, I couldn't. The child safety locks were set on both rear doors and I couldn't open either one or the windows as they were just tinted so couldnt roll them down yet. I had to climb into the front seat to get out. 😳

Anyone else notice the fans for the ventilated performance seats is pretty noisy when on high? I actually thought one of my speakers was hissing from the rear deck. Got into the back seat and suddenly the noise was coming from in front of me when I realized it was the fan in the seat.

Humorous side note, I closed the rear door when I got in the backseat to locate the noise, figured it out, and then when I was ready to try to get out, I couldn't. The child safety locks were set on both rear doors and I couldn't open either one or the windows as they were just tinted so couldnt roll them down yet. I had to climb into the front seat to get out. 😳
I would agree a bit loud. Love the rear seat incident.

They were pretty loud on the V3 too. The drivers side was even louder than the passenger. I took it in and they said it was normal.

The only thing I've found a little annoying so far is the turn signal indicators. I wish it would show on the HUD. I can't see the dash light from my seating/steering position and the sound is so quiet that I can't hear it over music or wind noise.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back