Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Probably a story you've heard before

RossLH

I bought a three pedal Chevy SS new in 2017, and though I have long ogled the 5BW 6-speeds like a kid licking a candy store window, it was a hard no from the wife. So I figured the SS would be a nice dad car for a good long while, and the day would come when I'd slap an LSA blower on it and just drive it into the ground with a big dumb grin on my face.

Aaaand then I hit a deer. Insurance has totaled the car, I'm having difficulty finding another of the same spec, and my wife's worry is even if I do find a suitable replacement, this situation will be even worse next time. And to my surprise, she brought up (with great hesitation) the 5BW idea again.

So I'm now in the market for a 5BW 6-speed. As much as I love the SS and its heritage, this is the natural progression of things. Here's to hoping this pans out.

LOL, Flo.

Sorry about Bambi, but as another former SS owner, I'll tell you that you will not regret the move to the BW.

LOL, Flo.

Sorry about Bambi, but as another former SS owner, I'll tell you that you will not regret the move to the BW.
That's what I'm told! My only concern, and it's a distant one until I can actually find a car to look at, is that the 5BW trunk is supposedly significantly smaller than that of the SS.

Also it's at least twice the price of the SS, but I'm not here to make good financial decisions.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back