Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Price increase for 2023 models

Weird. I got two orders in last week with no CF no problem and they’re already accepted and building out next week. I was on a waitlist for 2 at another dealer since November and they had 2 spots open for no CF as well just a few days later. Maybe you’re just too far down the list. Consider talking with Natalie at genesis and or Jon at Cadillac of SF.
Was told I was #4 or 5 when the order was placed. There are some people on this forum who been waiting a lot longer than me.

Raise the price and still no carbo fiber parts?
Sure why not? CF packages are optional. I am meaning more of a general base price increase. And given the issues with CF, those likely go up too.

Every review raves about the car, they all conclude with "buy this car while you can!" Do you ever see them shipping to dealers and sitting on lots? Seems unlikely to me. I bet they go up at least a few thousand each, but if I ran Cadillac, I would add 10%.

Not to belabor the point, I just read Ram TRX prices have gone up through out the year. Price change from beginning of MY 2021 to same time in MY 2022 has gone up about $6400.

Cadillac hasn't upped the price during the year. My uneducated guess is they will go up $4000 to $6000 for MY 2023. Options will also go up, as will freight.

And, I agree about the reviews, "get one while you can". Kinda why I'm rethinking my strategy.

I am #1 at my dealer, but they are still waiting on next allocation. I emailed them this morning and told them that when they receive allocation if CF1 and/or CF2 is on constraint (which they most likely will be) to just drop them from my order. I really wanted them, but I would rather have a better chance getting at 2022 MSRP then have to pay 2023 possible MSRP. I can figure out carbon bits later.

But I like to park my cars in the garage.. I cant park an EV in garage because I don't want my house burning down, lol.....
c'mon, wouldn't you sacrifice your house to save the planet?

I am #1 at my dealer, but they are still waiting on next allocation. I emailed them this morning and told them that when they receive allocation if CF1 and/or CF2 is on constraint (which they most likely will be) to just drop them from my order. I really wanted them, but I would rather have a better chance getting at 2022 MSRP then have to pay 2023 possible MSRP. I can figure out carbon bits later.
Wow, good for you! What dealer are you using and how long have you had to wait to get to #1? Are they selling at MSRP?

Oh no, inflation is crazy...who could have seen it coming? (everyone, since March 2020)

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10% increase on MSRP. At least I keep getting raises to keep up with inflati.....oh crap.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-28 09.25.30.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-28 09.25.30.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 115
Not to get too far off topic, but unfortunately Daijoubu, not everyone did see it coming. Yellow journalism in the US has taken straightforward things like inflation being caused by an unprecedented increase in the money supply and supply chain disruptions and instead turned the cause into nonsensical political talking points.

For another example, I talk to educated professionals every day who will state that the US decreased oil production in 2021 despite the fact that this is published, publicly available information. Their favorite yellow journalist, whether on Facebook, TV, or AM radio has convinced them that up is down.

Not to get too far off topic, but unfortunately Daijoubu, not everyone did see it coming. Yellow journalism in the US has taken straightforward things like inflation being caused by an unprecedented increase in the money supply and supply chain disruptions and instead turned the cause into nonsensical political talking points.

For another example, I talk to educated professionals every day who will state that the US decreased oil production in 2021 despite the fact that this is published, publicly available information. Their favorite yellow journalist, whether on Facebook, TV, or AM radio has convinced them that up is down.
I agree that many may not have seen it coming - partly because the mainstream media was hiding relevant information that was politically inconvenient to them (e.g., they never once brought up the fact that endless 'Covid' payments would drastically increase the money supply, while endless lockdowns and disincentives to work would limit production - a sure-fire combo for inflation; and partly because I don't think a lot of folks (outside of this forum, of course) really understand the drivers of inflation. If they did, they may not be so agreeable to the govt. spending trillions on massive programs laden with pork. Just my 2 cents.

many people didn't see this coming because they were lied to by those in positions of so-called leadership or authority.. others saw it happen in 2008 and have been preparing since. ;)

todays costco bill was 553$.. On a cart that typically ran about 300$ or so just last year.

many people didn't see this coming because they were lied to by those in positions of so-called leadership or authority.. others saw it happen in 2008 and have been preparing since. ;)

todays costco bill was 553$.. On a cart that typically ran about 300$ or so just last year.
It's called 'B____flation.' LOL

I'm pretty good at Wordle! Based on the M1 graph above and the timing of PPP, I'll guess Bigly Inflation? ;)

Bidenflation would also work.

But I digress, separation of bank and state is more important than that of church and state... We need to #EndTheFed before it ends us.

Bidenflation would also work.

But I digress, separation of bank and state is more important than that of church and state... We need to #EndTheFed before it ends us.
Indeed. The more we become a cashless society, the more vulnerable we are to control by tyrants - who often masquerade as our own elected officials who of course are always looking out for us LOL. And BTW, an important fact that in our society most probably don't know: Separation of Church and State is nowhere in the Constitution or the Amendments. It's a phrase that Jefferson used in a letter to the Danbury (as in CT) Baptists, to assure them that the state would not interfere in their religious practices. It was never meant to keep the church out of state affairs. Often, folks quote the Establishment Clause as justification for the 'separation' argument. But they conveniently omit the second part of that Clause: '...nor prohibit the free expression thereof.' As in many cases, our deceitful and agenda-driven media does not keep us properly informed.

Back on topic…just received an email from Rivian today as I have an R1S preorder for my wife. They are raising prices 20% due to “inflationary pressure”. I understand inflation is a problem, but a 20% increase is more likely a result of them underestimating the true cost to start up a new auto manufacturing business. Now I have to decide if I cancel my preorder.

Back on topic…just received an email from Rivian today as I have an R1S preorder for my wife. They are raising prices 20% due to “inflationary pressure”. I understand inflation is a problem, but a 20% increase is more likely a result of them underestimating the true cost to start up a new auto manufacturing business. Now I have to decide if I cancel my preorder.
20%? Wow - cancel!

There will be plenty of electric vehicles in the next few years, unfortunately. As someone in CA, there’s nothing exciting about them.

Wow. There goes my Rivian stock. Already down a bunch today.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back