Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PPF Issues

Blackwing16

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Can anyone else who has seen a quality PPF job comment on if these defects are to be expected? There are several areas that he will definitely have to correct, like under the front canards, but are the edges that are slightly raised something that is normal or even correctable?
IMG_1242.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG

Yup :(

At first I was expecting to see some bubbles here and there that will cure out shortly but, damn. They should have been ashamed to hand over the car like that. I'm not even sure I'd want to go back to the same shop to correct it. I would straight up ask for a refund and then take it somewhere that knows what they're doing to do it properly.

I'm not a PPF expert but this looks like some pre-cut stuff badly applied. Generally you'll want something measured and customized that will wrap around the edges. It's more expensive but worth it.

That’s fucked up. And a reason I am always on the fence about paying for PPF. Had it done a few times since 2013. 2 jobs were botched. One was pretty good. One was such a mess the installer actually paid another shop to redo it. The redo was the best I had seen.
Picking up my car soon and already told my sales guy my experiences and that I wouldn’t accept any bubbles, wrinkles, or lint underneath.
When I drop off a vehicle I tell the shop, no bubbles, wrinkles, or lint underneath and all edges rolled under. If they can’t promise that I leave.

Man that is some real crappy work, I'd be so pissed. Looks like it should all be pulled off, get your money back and go to a reputable shop and get it done right.

Man that is some real crappy work, I'd be so pissed. Looks like it should all be pulled off, get your money back and go to a reputable shop and get it done right.
I think that's gonna be my plan. Might make the trek over to the shop @Tall Steve used since I know they will do a good job

It's sloppy work. Almost looks like canard weren't removed (I have a 5 so no idea of it's problematic to remove them) and some of the rest looks like it was cut too short to roll around an edge. Just sloppy.

With how bad that work is, I'd look over things very closely for cut marks in your paint.
The only piece that was hand cut was the hood. Everything else was cut on a machine, but it was supposed to be oversized enough to roll as many edges as possible. I told him I wanted everything rolled. He did charge me 1k less than what we talked about. So I guess I know why.

So I went and talked to the PPF installer and he has agreed to redo the entire job. If the 2nd time does not go well, then I will be getting my money back. I was much more adamant with my expectations this time, even though I thought I was clear the first time.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back