Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Potential new V owner

Emerson11

Greetings veteran V owners. I'm seriously looking at a V Wagon. Was planning on Audi SQ5, but made last minute switch. Love the sound of the big V8.
One thing bothers me - every wagon out there has the suede steering wheel, and I'd prefer leather. I'm interested in hearing from those who have the suede steering wheel. Do they look grimy after awhile? I'm a bit of a germ phobic, and it seems as if the suede wheel would be a nightmare in that regard. Opinions?

Welcome to the Cadillac V-Net! Tuna will probably chime in here. He's owned a V-wagon for a while now.

Auto or Manual for V Wagon?

As I mentioned in my introduction thread, I'm shopping a wagon. I was set on an automatic because I live on an island with horrific traffic during peak season. However, reviews keep mentioning how the automatic sucks the life out of that engine, and the manual is much superior. I'm torn; I love manuals when I can really drive, but that's probably only about 50% of the time. Would like to hear others opinions.

Just found other threads on manual/auto decision -- sorry.

As I mentioned in my introduction thread, I'm shopping a wagon. I was set on an automatic because I live on an island with horrific traffic during peak season. However, reviews keep mentioning how the automatic sucks the life out of that engine, and the manual is much superior. I'm torn; I love manuals when I can really drive, but that's probably only about 50% of the time. Would like to hear others opinions.

Found past threads - however if folks would like to add to those discussions . . . .

Welcome to the V-Net.

Both my V Wagon and my Vette come with the "suede" steering wheel and I love them.
I think all V2 come with this steering wheel and I do not know of an option for a smooth leather wheel.
It's a micro fiber material and cleans easy with a wet towel. Whenever you wash the car, just wipe down the steering wheel and you're good to go.

Mine is also a stick shift, like my Vette, and I love that but it's not for everyone. The 6-speed auto is a very good transmission and I would not overlook it in a V Wagon. My preference is the stick however because they are just more fun to drive to me - traffic or no traffic. I don't think you would be disappointed with the auto.

I've had my V Wagon since December of 2010 and it's been bullet proof.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back