Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pics of your Blackwing in regular parking spots

Never understood Audi's probably because I actually work on my cars and wasting money is something I don't like doing. Late 80's early 90's just absolute junk cars with electrical nightmares I can only imagine nothing's changed on them other than the people buying Audi's think they are something special?

Never understood Audi's probably because I actually work on my cars and wasting money is something I don't like doing. Late 80's early 90's just absolute junk cars with electrical nightmares I can only imagine nothing's changed on them other than the people buying Audi's think they are something special?
That’s an outdated view. Audis are actually one of the most reliable vehicles these days. I’ve had more issues with my new 4BW that I did with my VW over 80k miles.

That’s an outdated view. Audis are actually one of the most reliable vehicles these days. I’ve had more issues with my new 4BW that I did with my VW over 80k miles.
Maybe? I would still bet your 1000's off better with the Cadi @ 150k than VW/AUDI when everything is added up including resale. One just has a prestigious name?

Small park along the afternoon cruise route.
IMG_0490.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a 11 S4 for 8 years and no real problems of any sort and it was tuned with a pulley mod. The supercharged V6 engines make big HP and are known to be bulletproof. Very fast car running on E85. The B8 S4s have tons of aftermarket mod parts, way more than most GM cars of similar sales volume.

I’ve had Audis before. Had a B6 S4 with full Alcon brakes, APR full exhaust and tune, Bilstein pSS9 shocks and Hotchkis sway bars. Really great car but the issues with the timing guides and tensioner and costing over 10k to fix it, before it broke had me get rid of it. New Audis look and drive great but no more manual transmission and you really can’t track them out of the box, they overheat and the brakes give it up after a few laps. So they’ve gone more to the luxury side now. I still might pick up a RS4 to use as a winter car in Mn.

I lived in AZ for 8 years. Miss those desert/mountain roads.
If missing rock chips and chipped out windshields every other 3 months sounds like fun have at it! Those are some real trashy roads aka: Seven Springs Road I would take my truck out there that's about it.

I had a 11 S4 for 8 years and no real problems of any sort and it was tuned with a pulley mod. The supercharged V6 engines make big HP and are known to be bulletproof. Very fast car running on E85. The B8 S4s have tons of aftermarket mod parts, way more than most GM cars of similar sales volume.
What was MSRP on S4 from 2011 just curious? S4's have more aftermarket support than comparable LS's? I mean at the time they would be comparable in sales volume? Chevy SS, Audi S4? I would even go as far as to say they probably sold more S4's than Chevy SS

What was MSRP on S4 from 2011 just curious? S4's have more aftermarket support than comparable LS's? I mean at the time they would be comparable in sales volume? Chevy SS, Audi S4? I would even go as far as to say they probably sold more S4's than Chevy SS
In 2011 I paid $52K for a new S4. I believe the North American production was ~8000 (US and Canada) per year. There were at least 6 companies making high quality catback exhausts and several companies making catless headers (I had EuroCode long tube). Plenty of suspension parts, I had KW V3s coilovers. Lots of tuning options and let’s not forget VCDS for customization. But, more importantly there are a large number of independent shops that actually know how to work on these cars. Maybe I was lucky, but I found some really knowledgeable people that did great work (mods and maintenance) on my car.

Last edited:
In 2011 I paid $52K for a new S4. I believe the North American production was ~8000 (US and Canada) per year. There were at least 6 companies making high quality catback exhausts and several companies making catless headers (I had EuroCode long tube). Plenty of suspension parts, I had KW V3s coilovers. Lots of tuning options and let’s not forget VCDS for customization. But, more importantly there are a large number of independent shops that actually know how to work on these cars. Maybe I was lucky, but I found some really knowledgeable people that did great work (mods and maintenance) on my car.
Interesting, I probably been sucking to much of the LS kool-Aid

Car was featured at the Cars and Coffee exposed event this weekend that featured one of the largest showings to date for this event.
IMG_4675.jpeg

IMG_4674.jpeg

IMG_4671.jpeg

IMG_4686.jpeg

Can’t wait to see how it’ll look with CF and Wheels from Terrance.

I had a 2016 Audi S4 manual which I loved and wish I still had. Then I had an S6 which was a great car but lacked personality. Neither cost me a cent in repairs and I did ok when getting out of each of them. I love my 5BW but I have had a ton of issues and it took GM 9 months to figure out the problem and then get parts. I loved my Audis and would have stuck with them if they hadn't moved away from offering any manual transmission options. The S6 would have been awesome with a manual! emdough is correct, I love my 5BW but your view of Audi is a bit outdated.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back