Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Over sensitive collision avoidance systems

Alex71

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Ct4v blackwing
Hey guys,
this morning was the last time my 2022 4BW scared the shit out of me and almost caused an accident because it slammed on the brakes on its own. There was no impending crash, it was just fooled by a car in the median as i was making a left turn, slammed on the brakes at ~50MPH.

Anyway, i changed them to Alert Only in the vehicle settings... now I have an idiot light on the dash. Anyone know how to turn it off, other than by enabling the auto braking?

Also, is there a way to have the rear auto brake setting stick across drive cycles? if I forget to turn it off via the dash button before I back into my garage I am rewarded with the car slamming on he brakes and setting the parking brake, every time..

I know, minor annoyances, and I will live with them if I need to, but I would rather not.

Thanks Fellas,
Tyrone

I hate and don't trust the auto braking feature. It was among the first things I turned off after I got my car. We had many bad situations when we had them on our big trucks several years ago. They would brake for all kinds of odd reasons. Imagine the brakes coming on for no reason driving 80,000 lbs.

As far as the rear braking, I had to learn to turn it off via the dash button backing into the garage too. I do not know of a way to keep it off permanently.

I changed the idiot light to the idiot seat setting instead. There are some intricacies to the safety options and this is one area it may be very helpful to read the manual and decide what you do and don't want when (I don't recall rear braking option being tied to drive modes so I'll have to reacquaint myself with the manual soon!)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back