Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

OK Here we Go

Buzzsaw

Seasoned Member
I put a deposit a few months ago for a C8 Corvette. (I'm scratching my "old age crazy" itch.) From what I can tell, through a local Dealer here in Texas, the allocations are THIN. I could be looking at a 2023 or even a 2024. I'm 69, about to get two new knees. I would love to enjoy the car for a "while"

From what I can tell from a Corvette Forum, the new C8's are really great cars but there have been SO MANY "gremlins" Computer problems, arguments over what the dealer is supposed to do on the first, free oil change. Makes me worry about these HUGE COMPUTERS in a car body.

This and the fact I could get in and out of a Blackwing much easier than the C8. I want a car which will attract as much attention as the Corvette plus run with one. Enter the Blackwing Monster.

Oh, by the way, HI from Buzz in Texas

The C8 will probably attract more attention but the blackwings will attract a lot of attention as well. Its also more usable daily than the corvette will be if that matters to you. I saw both blackwings yesterday and seeing them in person is so much better than on a picture or the computers

Hi Buzz, welcome.

I think you will love the performance of the CT5-V BW. There are a few still out there but over MSRP. Sounds like people making orders now are hoping for February delivery. A bit of a wait but better than than C8.

Regarding computers, I don't think the Blacwings are any less computerized than the C8 but at least the Alpha platform has several years on the road and teething issues should be in the past I hope

Cheers

Last edited:
I'm going to meet with my Chevy guy tomorrow, he's pretty honest about when my C8 could arrive. I am then headed to my Cadillac dealer to find an expert on the Blackwing to answer all my questions.

I really think this forum will be able to answer all my questions.

The dealers here do not upcharge over MSRP. I just cant do this. Found a new C8 , sticker was $90K. They were asking $35K over that. I offered them to go to my bank , get a cashiers check for $100K. They turned me down.

I'm going to meet with my Chevy guy tomorrow, he's pretty honest about when my C8 could arrive. I am then headed to my Cadillac dealer to find an expert on the Blackwing to answer all my questions.

I really think this forum will be able to answer all my questions.

The dealers here do not upcharge over MSRP. I just cant do this. Found a new C8 , sticker was $90K. They were asking $35K over that. I offered them to go to my bank , get a cashiers check for $100K. They turned me down.
Sewell Cadillac of Dallas, talk to Dustin Callaway..

Sewell Cadillac is located on Lemmon Ave. next to Love Field Airport.
Yes, but I work like 10 mins from Sewell so it's not a problem for me.....They have offered to come get my car at my house if I wanted them to, but I don't want to put anyone in danger because I live in the Garland ghetto....

Amen Steve, I wouldn't want anyone, ESPECIALLY a stranger from a dealer to drive my BW. You saw where the dealer had to buy a guy a new C8 Corvette because the service guys took his for a 147MPH Joy ride while in for service?

He had the video recorder turned on and it videoed the whole thing!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back