Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

NPP or Variable Exhaust?

twiget

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'19 Corvette Z06/Z07 202? BW inbound, maybe?
Variable exhaust (NPP) has been a thing in the Corvette world since the C6's in the mid 2000's, but I haven't seen anything about it on the BW's. My '19 Z06 has 4 exhaust modes: Eco, Tour, Sport & Track. Even my '18 Camaro SS had an NPP exhaust. Is it not a thing with BW's? Or is it so common a thing that it doesn't warrant mentioning?

Cadillac made some press releases around the CT5 BW's variable exhaust. I'm struggling to find them though, googlefu is weak today.

Similarly there are 4 levels. Default it's tied to the drive modes, but you can adjust the openness via My Mode or V Mode to your preference. Same names as your Z06 except Stealth rather than Eco.

The CT4 seems to be dual mode (open/closed) from what I can see.

its not mentioned, but it does have variable exhaust. each car should have 4 levels tied to drive mode or set manually in V or my mode

Cadillac made some press releases around the CT5 BW's variable exhaust. I'm struggling to find them though, googlefu is weak today.

Similarly there are 4 levels. Default it's tied to the drive modes, but you can adjust the openness via My Mode or V Mode to your preference. Same names as your Z06 except Stealth rather than Eco.

The CT4 seems to be dual mode (open/closed) from what I can see.

Good info. Now that you mention it, Eco mode is actually Stealth in my Z06 also. I rarely use it though. One of the first things I did was set her to Track mode 100% of the time.

Good info. Now that you mention it, Eco mode is actually Stealth in my Z06 also. I rarely use it though. One of the first things I did was set her to Track mode 100% of the time.
If you pull the fuse it's fully open all the time. Even in track it doesn't open all the way below a certain RPM. I have no idea how much louder it will be, but it'll definitely be open.

My son bought a used '17 Camaro SS a couple of years ago with the NPP exhaust. I was surprised how much louder it was than my V3 CTS-V. The 5 BW can be louder than the V3 but I don't think it has quite the bellow of the NPP setup. It's gut, not.data (maybe I'll find a decimeter next weekend when my son stops by as I think his C7 GS also has NPP.)

If you pull the fuse it's fully open all the time. Even in track it doesn't open all the way below a certain RPM. I have no idea how much louder it will be, but it'll definitely be open.

I know. I had the fuse out for awhile, but there was a fair amount of drone during city driving in low RPM's. Having the fuse in cut it out. Plus, I'll occasionally put her in stealth mode when I'm cruising along on the interstate at 75mph and 1,800 RPM. I've been contemplating an X-pipe and cat back system for the Z06. If I do that, I'll definitely want to have the fuse in. Don't want to make the neighbors mad with super loud cold starts in the morning.
My son bought a used '17 Camaro SS a couple of years ago with the NPP exhaust. I was surprised how much louder it was than my V3 CTS-V. The 5 BW can be louder than the V3 but I don't think it has quite the bellow of the NPP setup. It's gut, not.data (maybe I'll find a decimeter next weekend when my son stops by as I think his C7 GS also has NPP.)

The LT4 in my Z06 is definitely louder than the LT1 was in my SS. I love the sound of my Z06 when I step on the loud pedal. Just need to swap out the SC lid to get some of that whine. Aparently the BW responds really well to a ported lid too.

They do have it however it works the same way the C8 does, which is to say they kinda took a step backwards in how it works.

Original NPP you could change the exhaust tone separately from the drive mode (leave it in track mode all the time) no matter what through the infotainment.

They removed that and instead the only way to change the mode to be in track all the time is customize your Mymode or V mode to have track exhaust and to drive only in those modes.

The other option is the good old trusty "pull the fuse", doing this allows you to enjoy the different drive modes while having the loudest exhaust just like the old version of NPP.

Have you actually tried it? I just didnt think it would work since the NPPs on these things are electronically controlled vs vacuum controlled like on the C6Z. Figured if its electronic, itll just stay where its last at...

Have you actually tried it? I just didnt think it would work since the NPPs on these things are electronically controlled vs vacuum controlled like on the C6Z. Figured if its electronic, itll just stay where its last at...
I have not. I don't have my car yet, ha. Pulling the fuse works on C6, C7, C8, CTSVs, and Camaros, so I would imagine it's the same. That will be the first thing I will try when I get the car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back