Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Non-Carbon Fiber Splitter Question

FWIW. I ordered the car with no CF by choice, way back when. This was before anything was on constraint, and the no charge splitter was even a thought. I had the dealer send me a screenshot of my order a couple of months ago (GM Workbench) and the no cost splitter was on there. It just magically appears like when you select a package that requires other options to be added.

Steve I knew you were a junkie... Its hard to drop a bad habit its great to here your BS...Again?:boogie
Until I get mad again and take my ball and go home, lol..... I struggle with certain things but I'm working on them...I'm old and crotchety but a heck of a guy to hang out with... Oh well, carry on boys and girls...

As a follow up I found my car in Rob's production detail. The production report shows that the car was built with VP1 - Front Splitter. As noted above by many above the car was built with the front splitter even though the dealer did not check the "front splitter" box.

As a follow up I found my car in Rob's production detail. The production report shows that the car was built with VP1 - Front Splitter. As noted above by many above the car was built with the front splitter even though the dealer did not check the "front splitter" box.
I don't know man. I think the Jury's still out on whether or not it gets included if you don't tick the box

I tend to think it is included because the box says “no charge.” But I also think if the box isn’t checked and they run out of parts they don’t have any obligation to include one.

Do Cadillacs have the RPO sticker like Chevys do? The only GMs I've ever owned are Chevys. I wonder, if you don't tick the box, but they put the splitter on anyway, will it show up on the sticker?

I was honestly not trying to recreate the debate. I was giving a specific example of an order where the box was not checked yet the build sheet shows the splitter in the build. This should quell the debate unless I pick the car up and the is no splitter..........😉

I was honestly not trying to recreate the debate. I was giving a specific example of an order where the box was not checked yet the build sheet shows the splitter in the build. This should quell the debate unless I pick the car up and the is no splitter..........😉
No worries... just a bunch of us having fun
two-spiderman.gif

I'm sure there are employees at the plant with splitters ready, whether you optioned them or not. Now, if they just could find enough parts to build a car to attach them to.

Good ol' Schrodinger's Splitter. We learned about this in school.

I'm not letting this topic die. It's very important to me. I think I accidentally checked the VP1 box, but I really don't want the no cost splitter. What does it take to get the car delivered without that stupid thing?

You guys can kick and scream all you want. They're just going to bring you to the backroom and hold a gun to your head and whisper that sweet, sweet "You're getting that god damn splitter and you're going to like it!"

Anyone ever see a splitter-less 5BW on the road?

I'm not letting this topic die. It's very important to me. I think I accidentally checked the VP1 box, but I really don't want the no cost splitter. What does it take to get the car delivered without that stupid thing?
Not convinced that is possible. I can't see it leaving the factory without something there.

Somebody please take this thread behind the barn and shoot it. The cars comes with a spoiler, no matter if you check n/c option or not. If it comes with one and you don’t like it take the damn thing off.

I didn’t get a front splitter… maybe because I was on the initial reservation?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back