Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No more tan?

Can'twait

Just heard from dealer, didn’t get all the details but said I couldn’t get the tan option any longer. Asking me if I want to go with black or sky. Anyone else experiencing? Thanks!

Well, isn't that just special? Does that go for both 4's and 5's? I ordered the tan in mine. Being in perpetual 1100 hell, guess I better start thinking about this?

Does anyone have official info?

Your dealer is correct:

CT5 Constraints
Target Production Period : 12/06/2021 - 12/12/2021

6DE79 CT5 V-SERIES MODEL
6DF79 CT5 V-SERIES BLACKWING MODEL

CFV CARBON FIBER 2 PACKAGE
CFZ CARBON FIBER 1 WITHOUT CFV CARBON FIBER
LPO WHEELS SSE/SSJ/PDU 6DB79/6DC79/6DD79
LPO WHEELS SSE/SSJ WITH V SERIES 6DE79
6DE79 V SERIES WITH Y26 NAVIGATION
6DC79/6DD79 WITH PCJ PLATINUM PACKAGE
6DF79 WITH HMR, HJC, HJD

RPO HJC is the Tan interior option.

Well, isn't that just special? Does that go for both 4's and 5's? I ordered the tan in mine. Being in perpetual 1100 hell, guess I better start thinking about this?

Does anyone have official info?
I'm not seeing it on constraint for the CT4...

Glad mine is already built with those seats.

6DF79 WITH HMR, HJC, HJD
All three of those are the CF seat back covers. Along with the CF package constraints, I suspect that's the holdup rather than the color - but what do I know?

So that's not just tan. That is ALL the top seats with the carbon fiber back. And now both carbon packages are constrained. Guess this car will NEVER show.

Do we know for how long???

Maybe that's why my dealer didn't call me back yesterday

Wow... Mine got built just in time! Mine has carbon seats with tan. i ordered without CF packages so i could get my car sooner. I can always add those later. Was built last week so hopefully will be coming soon to my dealer.

Wow... Mine got built just in time! Mine has carbon seats with tan. i ordered without CF packages so i could get my car sooner. I can always add those later. Was built last week so hopefully will be coming soon to my dealer.
You're rubbing it in, aren't you 🤣?

Yes, I'm jealous......again.

Appreciate the confirmation - updated to black w/ sky grey piping - we’ll see where we go from here 🤷‍♂️

Can someone explain what the constraints mean? Explain like I am five. My August order has both CF packages and CF back seats. How does this affect my 1100 status?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 4.11.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 4.11.10 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
Can someone explain what the constraints mean? Explain like I am five. My August order has both CF packages and CF back seats. How does this affect my 1100 status?
It means that my order that I placed in March has been been stuck at 1100 due to constraints so fix yourself a drink because it’s gonna be a while.

But seriously, there’s apparently a limited supply of carbon fiber components that are used for the exterior parts and the seat backs. I think it’s related to supply chain issues in Asia but nobody really knows so we’re all left to guess/discuss amongst ourselves. As a result, we all wait.

Every week on Thursdays, GM releases a list of models/trims/options that are considered constraints, usually for a week-long target production period sometime in the following month. For example, if graphite wheels are on 20% constraint, that means that only 20% of the given national allocation for that week can have graphite wheels. Generally, that means if your dealer gets 5 allocations, only 1 (20%) can have graphite wheels. It's more complicated than that, but you get the gist. It's not uncommon to see 0% constraints, sometimes on an entire trim level or model line, which means none of whatever is constrained will be built for that week.

Every week on Thursdays, GM releases a list of models/trims/options that are considered constraints, usually for a week-long target production period sometime in the following month. For example, if graphite wheels are on 20% constraint, that means that only 20% of the given national allocation for that week can have graphite wheels. Generally, that means if your dealer gets 5 allocations, only 1 (20%) can have graphite wheels. It's more complicated than that, but you get the gist. It's not uncommon to see 0% constraints, sometimes on an entire trim level or model line, which means none of whatever is constrained will be built for that week.
Is there some sort of link I could follow up with and update myself, or is this information only provided to dealers?

Is there some sort of link I could follow up with and update myself, or is this information only provided to dealers?
It’s labeled as a dealer confidential doc, so no unfortunately. I’m not exactly sure why, but it probably has to do with GM being a publicly traded company, as it contains future production data? Just a guess.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners