Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Newbie here ;)

Black Dragon23

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 Cadillac CTS-V
Hey everyone. Currently looking for a CTS-V sedan. Any suggestions as to what I should be looking out for ? Greatly appreciated

Welcome to the Cadillac V-Net!

It's hard to say what you should be looking for because it really depends on what you're willing to spend.

Last weekend, I had to stop in at my local Chevrolet/Cadillac dealership. While there, I had the chance to check out a 2009 CTS-V sedan, a 2013 CTS-V sedan and a 2014 CTS-V sedan. All of them were nice, but GM has done an awesome job of upgrading the interior in the 2014. Really nice!

So if it were me, and money wasn't an issue, I'd go for a new 2014. If I had to watch how much I spent, I'd definitely go for the newest one that I could afford.

Thanks. Im looking into 09-13. But more realistic on a 09/10 I didnt really notice much of a difference between the year. I would have consider the Cpe, but currently I own a RT/10 and also Trans Am WS.6 which Im planning to put it up for sale and get the 4 dr V I notice the navi, pano top and Ricardo seats where optional and the manual are a lot more read than the auto

Thanks. Im looking into 09-13. But more realistic on a 09/10 I didnt really notice much of a difference between the year. I would have consider the Cpe, but currently I own a RT/10 and also Trans Am WS.6 which Im planning to put it up for sale and get the 4 dr V I notice the navi, pano top and Ricardo seats where optional and the manual are a lot more read than the auto
Nice! You've got good taste in cars! :rocker:

Like Rob said -get the newest one you can afford.

Recaros are a costly option and they raise the price of a used V. I love the Recaros in my V. Manuals are rarer as a lot of autos are out there. So, manuals get priced higher also.

I have a solid roof on my V and ordered it that way. Didn't really consider the "moon" roof. As I recall, some of the early ones leaked and could cause a mess in the rear floor. Might pay a little attention to that if you are looking at one with this roof.

My V is almost 3 years old now and is my DD. No problems. Routine oil changes, cabin filter change, alignments and one new set of tires this year. They seem to be pretty solid.

If you get a stick, first gear doesn't last very long - 3.73 rear gears. So, watch the tach and be ready to shift or you'll hit the rev limiter pretty quickly.

Good luck with your V hunt. Hope you find a good one.

thanks for the info. I will definitely look into those area before hand. I do notice the manual are hard to find. I sat in the recardo seat and I love they way they kept me in the seat. :D

My local Caddy dealer has a couple of 2011s on the lot listed in the high 40's. The coupe is an auto but they don't say what tranny the sedan has.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have my own finance company I've been dealing with for over 12 years. They advised me if I wanted to be financed for the maximum 7 years it had to be a 2011+ (which limits which car's I can buy). More than likely I will buy a 2013 wagon (while they still make them). If I cannot get a wagon then it would be a 2011+ cts-v sedan. I want the recaro's, moon roof, and stick. The rest of the options really dont matter to me (unless anyone can suggest anything else). I was waiting until I bought my cts-v before I introduced myself. I have kids so the coupe wouldnt work for me. For the longest time I've been looking for a vehicle to replace the one I currently drive. I've looked at the E90 M3, the E60 M5, the 04-05 cts-v, the 06-07 cts-v, the pontiac g8 gxp.. pretty much any 4 door rear wheel drive stick shift vehicle with at least a v8 and 400hp I could find. I always liked the cts-v but never thought I could afford one. After doing some math I found out that not only could I afford one but it would be cheaper than what I currently drive. PS:How's the insurance on a cts-v wagon? 4 door wagon.. couldnt be that bad right? I know for the sedan my payment would have gone up 10 dollars a month (which is nothing) and that is "if" I kept my motorcycle which I am not. So I know for a fact that my insurance will be cheaper...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back