Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Owner CT4 BW

I wanted to add that option and my dealer talked me out of it. He said he didn't think it aged well and became matted over time.

this right here

if you have sweaty hands, it can be a challenge to keep it perfect

Reactions: RKS
Times like these I get a little manual envy
I used to, not anymore, I really love the A10 in these things. Which is kind of weird because I wasn’t a huge fan of it in my ZL1. It feels like to me they've revised some programming as it feels smoother when I want it to be…..Then conversely more exciting/harsher in a good way in the sport/track modes. Metal shift paddles help the connection IMO over the cheap plastic ones in the Camaro.

Aside from how it looks after a couple of weeks, I cant stand the feel of alcantara. I also think it is more slippery and need driving gloves like someone else mentioned when I drive aggressively. My leather replacement steering wheel can’t come fast enough for my ‘Vette.

Really wish I had gotten the Alcantara Steering Wheel option!
It’s probably the one thing you don’t want! It gets destroyed from merely having your hands in constant contact with the steering wheel. Constant cleaning, it’s just a pain unless you want to wear racing gloves every time you step into your BW!

It’s probably the one thing you don’t want! It gets destroyed from merely having your hands in constant contact with the steering wheel. Constant cleaning, it’s just a pain unless you want to wear racing gloves every time you step into your BW!
I would agree with this as I'm two weeks into ownership of a used BW. I got Sonax and cleaned both the wheel and shifter last week, and the amount of scum it pulled off was disgusting. While it's cleaner and softer now, it really doesn't look that great. I think the 18 months of prior ownership never cleaned it once and I'm suffering the consequences.

I'll probably switch out to leather later this year, although I do want to see how much better it does when we hit the warm weather in Ohio.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back