Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New ECUs finally unlocked??

Man im such a jerk. Sorry Scott, couldnt wait :)

Scotts-CT4-V-Blackwing-making-716-whp-with-HP-Tuners.png

Man im such a jerk. Sorry Scott, couldnt wait :)

Scotts-CT4-V-Blackwing-making-716-whp-with-HP-Tuners.png
Is that with a ported blower, 103mm TB and stock pulley? They were making 690-700whp pre-tune so I'm curious if the ECU was just that good at adapting that they were only able to add 15whp with the tune

Is that with a ported blower, 103mm TB and stock pulley? They were making 690-700whp pre-tune so I'm curious if the ECU was just that good at adapting that they were only able to add 15whp with the tune
We'll have to wait and see, but it looks like that's scott's CT4 with the new ECU tune. No insight on what aftermarket upgrades are installed as well.

We'll have to wait and see, but it looks like that's scott's CT4 with the new ECU tune. No insight on what aftermarket upgrades are installed as well.
Good catch - I didn't hover over the image to see the name of the file, haha

From Tapout's Facebook post, they "also picked up 133 WHP/WTQ in the middle of the powerband on a CT5-V Blackwing!"

That’s my 5BW.

The before and after dyno sheets are on different dynoes so it is very apples to oranges

The cars mid range feels like a 50 shot of nitrous compared to before and after.

I have 315 PS4S on the rear and once warm I dead hook first gear. Will probably be going down a little in pulley size soon.

E85 was my plan initially but this application would really need a new cam to allow more fuel in to really make it work well. This is my daily / track car not a roll racer/ drag strip car so I’ll be done with power mods at this point.

There is a lot more then just fueling to address to continue increasing the power.

Are the 4BW ecu's cracked as well, or just the 5BW?

It looks like both the 4 and the 5 have been cracked per Tapout's online store. I always figured the C8 crowd would crack this thing first, but I'm still glad too see that things are finally getting spicy for Global B customers

Can't wait to see some videos of cars with these tunes. Also wanting to see how the TCM tune changes the shifts.

This is awesome! Can we do it in stages - i.e. send in the ECM/TCM to get unlocked and buy the credits/tune at a later time?

A writeup would be good for pulling the ECM and TCM (I have no idea where the TCM is).

This is awesome! Can we do it in stages - i.e. send in the ECM/TCM to get unlocked and buy the credits/tune at a later time?

A writeup would be good for pulling the ECM and TCM (I have no idea where the TCM is).
Yes, you can do it in stages. The ECM is under the hood on the right fender. Ironically, it's the easiest part on the car to remove. The TCM is just behind it.

Very happy there is finally a solution for Global B available.

But, wow! The pricing is tough...

@WONT TAP does the $3100 package from you include the MPVI3? It's not clear in the package description.

Ported S/C, TB, headers and tune sitting at about $8,000. How much gain for that $$$?

@WONT TAP does the $3100 package from you include the MPVI3? It's not clear in the package description.

Ported S/C, TB, headers and tune sitting at about $8,000. How much gain for that $$$?

Here is the total pricing. For M6 cars, you can skip the TCM unlock and extra license credits.

$ 1,499 E99 ECM unlocking service (required for all Global B vehicles)

$ 399 T93 TCM unlocking service (required for vehicles with A10 transmission)

$ 399 HP Tuners

$ 400 HP Tuners license credits for ECM (required for all Global B vehicles)

$ 200 HP Tuners license credits for ECM (required for vehicles with A10 transmission)

$ 888 Tapout Tune

It’s definitely not cheap. But the ultimate solution seldom is…

Piecing together what I’ve seen online, it seems like Kong SC/TB combo is worth 90whp roughly and with tuning they added another 100+whp to the middle or the curve, but no mention of peak (though the middle is probably more important as that’s where our car lives most of its time)

It’s definitely not cheap. But the ultimate solution seldom is…

Can you elaborate a bit on the differences? The unlocked ECM route is nearly double what you guys were charging for your TTM + dyno setup on a 4BW. What advantages are offered to that individual who is spending an extra $1500-2000?

In regards to shipping the ECM, I know people have been doing it in the M community but ehhhh. Just imagine it getting lost in the mail, having to fight to get your reimbursement, get your car towed to a dealer, wait for a new ECM to be delivered and have to pay the dealer how much to relearn your car to a new one. :confused:

You could always hand carry it on an airplane = pay-to-play.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate a bit on the differences? The unlocked ECM route is nearly double what you guys were charging for your TTM + dyno setup on a 4BW. What advantages are offered to that individual who is spending an extra $1500-2000?

In regards to shipping the ECM, I know people have been doing it in the M community but ehhhh. Just imagine it getting lost in the mail, having to fight to get your reimbursement, get your car towed to a dealer, wait for a new ECM to be delivered and have to pay the dealer how much to relearn your car to a new one. :confused:
The JB4 and our TTM only allow us to intercept and spoof a few sensor signals. Even then, we're limited by table boundaries and correlation issues. And no matter what, we can never change a rev limiter, tune cam or injector timing, adjust torque limits, disable DTCs, etc.

HP Tuners is the ultimate tuning solution, and gives us complete tuning ability. We can now properly tune for intakes, downpipes, throttle bodies, camshafts, other fuels, etc. We can raise rev limiters, torque limiters, etc. And we can disable nuisance DTCs.

It's not a good idea to purchase a new ECM for your Global B car. Although it's possible to learn the new ECM to your car using GM's hardware and software, doing so will permanently disable your original ECM.

I'm curious... roughly what sort of gains could be expected with just the ECU flash and a tune? (Without any additional hardware)

Now that the number of variables that can be tuned has widened considerably, surely there must be more on tap, right?

I'm curious... roughly what sort of gains could be expected with just the ECU flash and a tune? (Without any additional hardware)

Now that the number of variables that can be tuned has widened considerably, surely there must be more on tap, right?
If the tunes on the LT2 in the C8 are any indication, there are virtually no gains to be had with just a tune. Factory tune + Global B ECU + OEM Wideband O2 = an engine running pretty close to max power.

The big benefit is now you can do E85, larger superchargers, cam/heads...pretty much what you could do with the LT4 in Z06/ZL1. That was not possible before.

700WHP+ Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing From Tapout Tuning | HP Tuners' GM Global B Tuning Support

@WONT TAP
Apologies if this has been posted already, but I don't recall seeing it. YouTube served it up as a recommended video today.

Not sure where to post this, lots of possible threads. I'll cross post here and one other thread:
Tapout's Flagship CT4-V Blackwing Tops 700 whp!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back