Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New ECUs finally unlocked??

Aaron4BW

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Login • Instagram
What's up guys, first post. Today I saw a video of a 5BW doing dyno pulls with a fully cracked ECU. Supposedly Vince from Trifecta cracked all the new ECU codes. I read that in the comments but the comment replies were just removed. So this is just a rumor with no evidence right now obviously, but it gets me excited!

It's cracked. But GM is getting very legal on the shops that do it. They don't want code floating around.

You may recall Banks Diesel, HPTuners and others were forced to suspend sale of products that could be used to circumvent emissions equipment.

Trifecta is the tuner that does all the ProCharger kits. Right now, you have to remove your ECU, send it to them and they send it back with the new calibration. The end user cannot modify it at all. Trifecta won't provide any tools to the consumer due to EPA rules.

Stay tuned for some really good news dropping Tuesday at 11:00 EST. :)

Apparently it’s true - Global B is hacked. $1500 to unlock and 8 credits to tune is what I heard
IMG_4043.jpeg

Apparently it’s true - Global B is hacked. $1500 to unlock and 8 credits to tune is what I heard
Oooof. Pricey.

I wonder if that give you traditional access to VCM Editor like the older stuff or if it's a 'one time flash' deal.

$50 with HPT
$1,499 for ECM unlocking service
$400 for HP Tuners
$400 for eight license credits (covers ECM only)

$199 for TCM unlocking service
$200 for four license credits (covers TCM)

$888 for remote tune

We'll announce all details in three more hours when the embargo ends.

We need some drama. If the GM ECU is like others then a dealer scan will reveal a modification. On other cars people buy a second ECU and swap it in when going in for warranty work.

We need some drama. If the GM ECU is like others then a dealer scan will reveal a modification. On other cars people buy a second ECU and swap it in when going in for warranty work.
That won't work for these cars. It's a huge pain for a consumer to learn a new ECM to his car. And once that happens, the original ECM becomes permanently immobilized.

That won't work for these cars. It's a huge pain for a consumer to learn a new ECM to his car. And once that happens, the original ECM becomes permanently immobilized.
My last tuned car was a B8 S4. Catless long tube headers, SC pulley, and 100 octane. Very fun car. Got tired of all the hassles associated with the setup and unloaded the car after 9 years. But that was a $50K car new, not very collectible, and I didn’t care about the powertrain warranty. Those little V6s were bulletproof.

Very good news, but obviously have to be willing to forgo any powertrain warranty with a tuned ECU.

Looking forward to the 1k+ rwhp 5BW's running around soon! Going to need A LOT of tire for traction. My back-end wiggles around more than I like with stock hp.

I imagine it absolutely will be available.

LT4 needs OEM FlexFuel sensor, injectors and fuel pump for E85.

I loved that my LS9 basically just needed a flexfuel sensor and injectors. The fuel pump was already good enough for the E85 flow.

I loved that my LS9 basically just needed a flexfuel sensor and injectors. The fuel pump was already good enough for the E85 flow.
I got away with a DSX Aux Pump on my LSA but wish I had done it right and used a Triple Fore as I was running 90% IDC on the 1300's and had no pump left to go bigger.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back