Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Ct4V Blackwing check engine light from dealer

windman11

Wanted to see if anyone else had gotten these engine codes, as I cannot find them online. Just bought a ct4V blackwing the other day and it had a check engine light when I took delivery. I pulled the codes, and saw them to be 'P3173' and 'P3175'. If anyone has seen these before and knows what they are, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Wait, wait, wait, wait, what, you had a CEL and took delivery?? The dealer let you take it with a CEL?? IMHO that not right! Oh, wish I could help with the codes but I don't have the knowledge..
Agreed...I would have driven out of the showroom, made a left, and driven right into the service bay.

The fact that they didn't notice it during PDI says a lot about your dealer. Good luck!

When I tried to picked up my C8 at the museum it had to go back to the factory (which is right across the street) twice due to CEL before they let me take it home. Almost 4k on the car now with now issues.

hmmm ok thank you for the responses. I should have caught it before I drove it away. I have the service dept taking a look tomorrow morning. Anything else I should know to ask them before I bring it in?

I had a CEL come on after two weeks. It was a malfunctioning high pressure fuel pump. Have them check that out.

Went pick up my 4BW Friday morning and they had to take it back to the service guys due to a service air bag message. They fixed it and let me take the car. But based on OnStar it’s back as well an additional service needed for engine / transmission. The crazy part is there’s no lights on the dash that say anything is wrong. Any idea?
9C2C19D0-44A6-4B04-A95F-EDE60F139576.jpeg

Went pick up my 4BW Friday morning and they had to take it back to the service guys due to a service air bag message. They fixed it and let me take the car. But based on OnStar it’s back as well an additional service needed for engine / transmission. The crazy part is there’s no lights on the dash that say anything is wrong. Any idea? View attachment 10320
I think I'm sensing a trend, although I hope not. Dealer vs OnStar. Who will win the battle of the service warnings

I think I'm sensing a trend, although I hope not. Dealer vs OnStar. Who will win the battle of the service warnings
Yeah. I had the same issue but it cleared after a couple days

Did you ever resolve DTC P3175? And if so, what was the cause?

P3175 is for active exhaust valves. I just had this and dealer ordered new exhaust. It states it for an EV, but dealer assured me it was the active exhaust valves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117_174541_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_174541_Email.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 21

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace