Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Need help with this alert/notification

safridi22

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
Hey

So i was driving back home on the highway and at three different times i got this notification saying “manual transmission, release clutch pedal.” It happened once in touring mode and twice in v mode. The car was driving perfectly fine the entire time. Anyone know why it comes up?

Thanks

Lol yea….i mean there was absolutely no weight on the pedal but the sole of my sneaker was in contact with the rubber on the pedal so maybe its just the most sensitive sensor ive come across….ill try it again this time with my foot completely off which is annoying in traffic.

Check to make sure the clutch pedal is returning all the way after you shift. If you can pull the pedal up with your foot that’s the issue.

You may have air in the system and there is a procedure in the service manual to bleed it by pulling a vacuum on the brake fluid reservoir.

Lol yea….i mean there was absolutely no weight on the pedal but the sole of my sneaker was in contact with the rubber on the pedal so maybe its just the most sensitive sensor ive come across….ill try it again this time with my foot completely off which is annoying in traffic.
Just like the people who use their left foot to brake an automatic who drive around with their brake lights on...you think you are not putting pressure on the pedal, but you are.

My previous car didnt have auto rev match so maybe i did get used to snuggling up on the brakes. Ill lay off the twinkies while im at it. Maybe thatll help.

I do feel like the pedal box is kind of small on the CT5, it's hard to rest my left foot on the dead-pedal without having it slightly rotated. Wish the pedals didn't have the rubber around the outside and just had rubber nubs on the pedal. I think that would open up a bit more space. Just make it a habit to move the left foot to the dead-pedal so you don't have to worry about destroying your clutch.

Yea i felt the same way today while driving. For me, the clutch pedal needs to be like half an inch to the right if im wearing clunkier sneakers. Its not as annoying with thinner/narrower driving shoes.

Yea i felt the same way today while driving. For me, the clutch pedal needs to be like half an inch to the right if im wearing clunkier sneakers. Its not as annoying with thinner/narrower driving shoes.
You have to wait until you get to the kids birthday party to put your shoes on: problem solved.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back