Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V My baby has bangs now

Cadillac CT4-V model

savethemanual

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V blackwing
So my car has around 3k miles now and recently at random times mainly after downshift and cruising down without any throttle it emits a loud gunshot like bang from the exhaust. It sounds awesome! Wish I knew how to replicate it often.

So my car has around 3k miles now and recently at random times mainly after downshift and cruising down without any throttle it emits a loud gunshot like bang from the exhaust. It sounds awesome! Wish I knew how to replicate it often.
Try rapid deceleration when you downshift.

Update. After many trial and error found a way to replicate.

Accelerate in 2nd gear from 4.5k to 5 k rpm and then release throttle.

Bang bang.

We need "flame mode" next. :)

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 6.24.54 PM.png

Not sure you want "gunshot" like sounds coming from a turbo car. That means unburned fuel in the turbo, which is really bad for the turbos and bearings. My fun, weekend turbo car did this when the HPFP was failing and leaking excess fuel into the engine. Not sure though about the Cadillac.

Not sure you want "gunshot" like sounds coming from a turbo car. That means unburned fuel in the turbo, which is really bad for the turbos and bearings. My fun, weekend turbo car did this when the HPFP was failing and leaking excess fuel into the engine. Not sure though about the Cadillac.
A lot of OEMs bake this into the stock ecu. My BMW did this. Hyundai N cars do this. They've been doing this for awhile too. Nothing new.

A lot of OEMs bake this into the stock ecu. My BMW did this. Hyundai N cars do this. They've been doing this for awhile too. Nothing new.
The 5V 3.0TT has them baked in on high throttle upshifts.

LOL it's happened a couple times but I guess you can just make it happen on command, tried it tonight xD

Note it's WAY louder than the regular burbles that you get

LOL it's happened a couple times but I guess you can just make it happen on command, tried it tonight xD

Note it's WAY louder than the regular burbles that you get

yep. That’s the one. Glad my advice helped you repro it! It sounds amazing.

I find that putting rev match on dramatically increases the pops on the off-throttle over-run. And the higher the revs on throttle lift-off, the louder the pops and bangs. I live near a long downhill off ramp and it will do it for a 1/4 mile

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back