Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Mobil 1 ESP (Supercar) on sale…

CT5-V Model

BrakeFade

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Blackwing on Order
Heads up to the DIYers,

Mobil 1 0w40 ESP (now called Supercar) is on sale at the “Zone” for 20% off with free shipping. Saves you about 13 bucks after taxes. Pick up a PF64 filter at Wally World for $7.

**update**
Grab 5qts and add an stp extended life filter for $38. Do this twice and it’s even cheaper @ $84. You can’t use the stp on the lt4 but it’s still cheaper bundling with it. You may be able to return it or just get a filter for use on another vehicle.

Last edited:
Has anyone used Rotella T6 for their 5v yet? It's 5w40 so it's close to it

Oil type/brand/weight threads can go south in a heartbeat. With that said, GM recommends dexos2 certified oil with the factory fill being 0w40 Mobil 1 ESP for the LT4. I don’t think Rotella T is on the list. You can google search and check for verification.

Been running T6 on turbo STIs for the past 10 years and it's been excellent so I don't feel like changing if i don't need to.

Did a deal where I added 5 qts and an oil filter. Did it twice with two different deals and filters. Brought the oil down to about $6.39 a qt. I’ll see if I can return the random filters I don’t care about once they arrive. $80 total. I made sure to get the random filters for my other vehicles (like my 2003 ford focus) where I don't really care about what filter I use and can be a fall back if I can't return.
BAD658BE-5A1B-4F72-AD6C-E579F3F60D44.png

How’d you do that? I couldn’t find the deal bundle? Awesome price!!!

Don't use another oil. this is currently the ONLY oil that is available and approved by GM to use in the LT4. It was essentially a co engineering effort between GM and Mobil to make this specific oil for the corvette motors. again, do not use something else.

Been running T6 on turbo STIs for the past 10 years and it's been excellent so I don't feel like changing if i don't need to.
You need to. Unless you've got a background in metallurgy and plan to swap out engine internals I'd suggest you stick to the very uniquely specified oil the engineers picked.

You need to. Unless you've got a background in metallurgy and plan to swap out engine internals I'd suggest you stick to the very uniquely specified oil the engineers picked.
IDK, it's pretty hard to argue with "I don't like it"

I mean what does this guy know?
Tadge's input on the benefits of using 0W-40 ESP:

Tadge answered:
Yes, the new Mobil1 OW40 Dexos 2 oil (Mobil 1 ESP Formula 0W-40) is also the recommended oil for all C7's prior to 2019. This oil was specifically developed to meet all of GM's performance requirements during engine dyno testing, vehicle road testing and performance track testing including the 2014-2018 Corvettes (all models). The Multi-grade Mobil 1 ESP Formula 0W-40 synthetic motor oil has many benefits including exceptional fast oil flow at startup along with low temperature pump-ability and exceptional viscosity/performance characteristics at high-temperature and high-RPM operating conditions. We are still refining our recommendations for the LT5 in the upcoming ZR1, so they may differ.

Apart from being the Chief Engineer for the Corvette team. But apart from that.

So I went into my local “Zone” and bought 5qts and 1 oil filter for $42 after tax with their oil change bundle. Did this twice, so $84 for 10qts of Supercar plus 2 stp filters for the daily beater. This is a better deal than the online 20%. Will grab a Delco PF64 filter at Wally World now. Thanks LongGrayLine for the heads up on the better deal!!!

Heads up to the DIYers,

Mobil 1 0w40 ESP (now called Supercar) is on sale at the “Zone” for 20% off with free shipping. Saves you about 13 bucks after taxes. Pick up a PF64 filter at Wally World for $7.

**update**
Grab 5qts and add an stp extended life filter for $38. Do this twice and it’s even cheaper @ $84. You can’t use the stp on the lt4 but it’s still cheaper bundling with it. You may be able to return it or just get a filter for use on another vehicle.
summitracing has 10 qts plus the correct acdelco filter for $93.99 as their regular price. you can often find $10 off coupons too.

I know we’re splitting hairs, but the PF64 is $7 at Walmart. 10qts & 3 filters for $91 after tax. But convenience is worth it, so Summit with the $10 off coupon would be a good one as well. I will look there first when I hit 5k miles for the next change.

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 0W-40 has been rebranded as Mobil 1 Supercar 0W-40 (Mobil 1 part #126870). GM has licensed this under the new DexosR spec, intended to replace Dexos2 in high performance gasoline engines like the Blackwing, Z06 Corvette and ZL1 Camaro.
Do not use Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 aka "European Car Formula" as this does not meet Dexos2 warranty requirements. Further, Mobil 1 ESP X3 0W-40 carries a GM Dexos2 licensed approval and is a safe alternative to Mobil 1 Supercar. This info comes straight from Exxon Mobil tech desk.....I emailed Exxon Mobil because my Cadillac dealer went out and bought the European Car Formula for my oil change and I argued with them that it was the wrong oil as it needed to have the Dexos2 spec. I went to the Chevy dealership afterward and they told me that they exclusively use the Supercar formula for their Z06s and ZL1s.

Eesh, that dealer has a bunch of fancy oil for their XT3s now I guess. I mean it's not like they should know or that they promote it at all

20221115_083642.jpg

Good job calling them out though!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop