Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Memory Seats Flakey...

1BadTundra

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BlackWing
My memory seats get weird somtimes. When I get in my car it switches between driver 1 an ddriver 2 settings when it starts up. How do I set that to driver 1 only when getting in the carand it starts up? I'm 6'3", my wife is 5'1", kinda sucks when I start the car and it goes to her settings, even when she hasn't driven the car in weeks.

My memory seats get weird somtimes. When I get in my car it switches between driver 1 an ddriver 2 settings when it starts up. How do I set that to driver 1 only when getting in the carand it starts up? I'm 6'3", my wife is 5'1", kinda sucks when I start the car and it goes to her settings, even when she hasn't driven the car in weeks.
Are you sure that you are not mixing up your key fob's?
Usually each memory button is associated with one fob or the other.

It could be that... I'll have to check it out. I have 2 different fob cases, so I doubt it, but have to double check. I think its the difference in whether its remote started or push button started. If I'm not mistaken, when I remote start it, it goes to memory 2, when I use the start button in the car without remote starting first, it goes to driver 1 settings.

Are you sure that you are not mixing up your key fob's?
Usually each memory button is associated with one fob or the other.
Or, is she carrying her fob in her purse as the passenger? We have this same problem when switching back and forth as to who is driving with which fob.

She isnt carrying the spare. It may be which one I grab. I'll check now. How do I set them both to Driver 1?

All of my stuff has been flakey at some point.

Once, the mirrors decided to not go down when I started driving. Once, the mirrors decided to not go up even when I locked the car. Once, the seat did not move into my memory position from the exit memory position. Once, the seat did not go into the exit memory position after turning the car off.

Each was a one-off issue- not consistent, but still annoying.

thinks the fobs are set differently = ask me how I know

All of my stuff has been flakey at some point.

Once, the mirrors decided to not go down when I started driving. Once, the mirrors decided to not go up even when I locked the car. Once, the seat did not move into my memory position from the exit memory position. Once, the seat did not go into the exit memory position after turning the car off.

Each was a one-off issue- not consistent, but still annoying.
Exit memory position, hum I must have missed that. My F150 driver's seat automatically slides all the way back after shutdown. That actually was a nagging thing that I thought that Cadillac had overlooked

Exit memory position, hum I must have missed that. My F150 driver's seat automatically slides all the way back after shutdown. That actually was a nagging thing that I thought that Cadillac had overlooked
It's the third button.
PXL_20221118_041049005~2.jpg

I didn't realize the car had exit seating. I will have to check that out when I get it back from the dealer. I love learning new things on this forum.

I must be a huge geek and didn't know it because when I read the owners manual it told me all about my car and the functions..... Happy Friday everyone!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back