Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Lowering option?

mike_SRQ

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2021 CT5-V BW in production
In advance of my BW arriving, I’m exploring if there is something for about a 1 inch drop? Sadly I feel the last gen V had the best OEM stance which this one does not. Or at least the way it looks on the recent videos, that gap between tires and fenders looks a little less sporty than it used to. Any ideas? In my opinion, the car would have to retail all its suspension functionality but be just slightly lower.

Mike

In advance of my BW arriving, I’m exploring if there is something for about a 1 inch drop? Sadly I feel the last gen V had the best OEM stance which this one does not. Or at least the way it looks on the recent videos, that gap between tires and fenders looks a little less sporty than it used to. Any ideas? In my opinion, the car would have to retail all its suspension functionality but be just slightly lower.

Mike
Most delivery pics and vids probably still have the spring spacers in place.

too bad it doesnt sit like this

Attachments

• 2021-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-rendering-1586443823.jpg
    2021-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-rendering-1586443823.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,188
Most delivery pics and vids probably still have the spring spacers in place.
wait, what are spring spacers and how are they removed? i hv a CT5 BW on order and this was the very first thing that i wanted to check on... ride height is too high for me.

wait, what are spring spacers and how are they removed? i hv a CT5 BW on order and this was the very first thing that i wanted to check on... ride height is too high for me.
Spring spacers are used to raise the front during delivery so as not to incur any damage or, at least to lessen the chance of damage. They are removed by jacking the car up to remove the weight of the car from the springs. You're supposed to keep them in the car for any future towing / trailering etc... needs.

Spring spacers are used to raise the front during delivery so as not to incur any damage or, at least to lessen the chance of damage. They are removed by jacking the car up to remove the weight of the car from the springs. You're supposed to keep them in the car for any future towing / trailering etc... needs.
ah cool, tks for the heads up, cheers

Doesn't the blackwing share a lot of suspension components with the camaro? I wonder if there is something that could be done there??

Weird, some photos look lower than others.. perhaps after settling ....

I agree the V3 was lower, had a great stance. But it was low for curbs and driveways.

IMG_6158.JPG

currently air bags might be your only option for a few more months....thats what I did. its 100% reversible so I can go to a lowering spring and full BMR rear links later.

I guess it hasn't been brought up, but Renick is working with swift springs on at least a lowering spring option for the CT4BW that will retain all the factory mag ride features.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back