Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Low dust pad options?

CT5-V Model

BrakeFade

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Blackwing on Order
Anyone know of a low dust pad option on the 5BW? Are the calipers GM used on the BW off another application to cross reference with (zL1, vette, etc).? Looking to cut back on brake dust and save the oem pads for track use.

Anyone know of a low dust pad option on the 5BW? Are the calipers GM used on the BW off another application to cross reference with (zL1, vette, etc).? Looking to cut back on brake dust and save the oem pads for track use.
Trying to make your username come true? :D

Trying to make your username come true? :D

LOL! Yes!

A “high performance” low dust pad like the PowerStop Z26 are amazing for city driving. Don’t need the bite the oem pads give until I hit the track. Figured there might be options since GM might share these calipers on other applications.

LOL! Yes!

A “high performance” low dust pad like the PowerStop Z26 are amazing for city driving. Don’t need the bite the oem pads give until I hit the track. Figured there might be options since GM might share these calipers on other applications.
Have you actually driven on those pads? I tried them on my 392 charger and HATED them. Went back to OEM pads and ceramic coated the wheels and just dealt with the dust…..instant brake fade on hard stops over 60mph

The BW5 offers a ‘no dust’ option…Carbon Ceramics! 😁

I don’t know of any aftermarket pads for the BCD brake. You can use the ZL1 brake pad if you are ok dealing with a cold ring on the uncovered rotor portion.

Have you actually driven on those pads? I tried them on my 392 charger and HATED them. Went back to OEM pads and ceramic coated the wheels and just dealt with the dust…..instant brake fade on hard stops over 60mph

Yes, I used them on my Redeye and had no issues with them. You used the Z26 compound?

Yes, I used them on my Redeye and had no issues with them. You used the Z26 compound?
Yes sir, used z26 compound at the recommendation of the forums/fb pages. Car was a 18 scat pack with factory 6 piston brake upgrade. Properly bedded according to Powerstop’s directions too. Buddy tried same pads in his 1LE for non track use and had a similar experience. Maybe it’s just me or my driving style…..they were just not confidence inspiring at all. I’d give KNS brakes a call and see if they have anything. Last I talked to them they were working on some blackwing options.

Subscribed... Would love to see a low dust option developed.

So PowerStop makes the Z26 pad for the ZL1 Camaro: front Z26-1835 , rear Z26-1053

matthewAMEL mentioned a cold ring if we use the ZL1 PowerStop pad. So does the 5BW use the same calipers as the ZL1 just with a bigger rotor?

***update***
So it appears the 5BW may have the same caliper the SS 1LE with the Performance Copper Free Brake upgrade uses. This is a 6 piston Brembo setup with a 398mm rotor. PowerStop makes a pad for this setup Z26-1405. I need to verify this with them. I’ve got an email out to their technical support on application. Side note, this is the exact pad I used on my Redeye. Dodge switched to 398mm rotors after the No-Copper brake pad restrictions came out. I’m guessing this 6 piston Brembo caliper is the same across all auto manufacturers.

Last edited:
Any updates? Are the Z26 pads a viable option for the 5BW?

Any updates? Are the Z26 pads a viable option for the 5BW?

Sorry, no updates yet. I have some Z26-1405 pads that came off my “old” Redeye that I was planning to test fit. Have not had time to put the car up on stands and get the pads swapped out. Now my old M5 appears to need a new flex disc, so the first weekend I have time I’ll be removing the driveshaft to replace the flex disc and center support bearing. Too much crap to do and not enough time to do it….

I can confirm that the Z26-1405 front pads and the Z26-1718 rear pads fit the 4BW just as they fit the ATS-V just as they fit the C7Z06 just as they fit the SS Camaro. I have no idea on the 5BW. They do not have that cutout for the brake pad sensor, so that has to be removed from the old pad and either unplugged and removed or zip tied back out of the way. Here are the OEM pads as they came off the car. Note this is the same pad backing plate as used on the older cars. The cutout in the backing plate and the pad material is to accommodate the brake pad thickness sensor.
Z26-1405 4BW front pad (2).jpg

Z26-1405 4BW front pad-1 (2).jpg

The 1405 is simply this pad without that cutout.

Carbotech also makes their 1521 ceramic compound in this size. The tracings I was making were sent to the President of Carbotech that confirmed that their C7Z06/ATS-V pad would fit. I happened to have a set of Z26 pads for my ATS-V that I put on the 4BW. I used the Carbotechs on my Z06.

From ifo I've seen 4 has 380mm and 5 has 388mm front rotor sizes but are caliper and pads the same?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back