Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Low dust pad options?

CT5-V Model
Anyone watch the savagegeeze review of blackwings and how the brake by wire system is programmed to the specific pad, fluid, etc. as people are swapping out pads and fluids, I wonder if that will make the system apply things that the replacement pads won’t take well?

I know what the pads are for the C7Z06, the ATS-V and the 4BW. The front pads are the Z26-1405s in each case. I have no idea what pad the 5BW uses but some in here have suggested it is the Z26-1405. I would confirm that before ordering however.

Any updates on possible low dust pads for the 5BW? I’m #1 at my local dealer for a 2024 and the dust will drive me crazy. I put Powerstop Z26’s on my GT350 and my M440i and they’re great, I’m guessing they don’t have them for the Caddy?

Reactions: CBH
Any updates on possible low dust pads for the 5BW? I’m #1 at my local dealer for a 2024 and the dust will drive me crazy. I put Powerstop Z26’s on my GT350 and my M440i and they’re great, I’m guessing they don’t have them for the Caddy?
Pad shape is the issue.

On the Camaro6 board, it's been speculated that the ZL1 BCD (copper-free) option is the same caliper as the BW5 iron brake. But no one has had access to both to check fitment.

I'd call Ken at knsbrakes.com to see if he knows. He is a brake guru.

KNS Brakes Inc.
Phone: (919) 420-0021

I can't help on the 5BW but on the 4BW the lack of pad choices is simply because the pad mfgs haven't started to mfg pads with the cutout for the sensor. I used the same pads I used for my C7Z06 (Carbotech 1521) and my ATS-V (Powerstop Z26) and simply tied off the sensor. Figure out what size the pad is and order its presensor sku and take the sensor off. It is removable as it is sacrificial. I just tied my back to the brake line. I think there are a couple of older threads where we figured out the answer for you. I do think it is the ZL1 pad as the ZL1 and the 5BW are heavier than the C7Z and the ATS-V and the Camaro SS so have used a slightly larger pad/caliper/rotor. If you are uncertain order it from Amazon and return it if is isn't the right pad.

Actually just reached out to Ken at KNS and he knows which ones fit. You’re right about having to zip tie the sensor out of the way because there is not cut out for it. I’m totally fine with doing that. Ken definitely knew what he was talking about and set me up. I’m going to order from him as soon as I hear mine is being built. Thanks for the help guys.

Which brand of pads did you order? I have used the PowerStop Z26s on my ATS-V and now on the 4BW and used the Carbotech 1521s on my C7Z06. Both worked well for my all street driven cars.

Which brand of pads did you order? I have used the PowerStop Z26s on my ATS-V and now on the 4BW and used the Carbotech 1521s on my C7Z06. Both worked well for my all street driven cars.
He suggested the Carbotech 1521’s

The President of Carbotech was very forthcoming about the pad backs with space for sensors. He asked me to send him a tracing of the 4BW backing plates with sensor cutouts, which I did. First he confirmed that the tracing showed the 4BW pads were indeed the same general pads as the ATS-V but differed only in the sensor cutouts. Then he offered to have a set made up with the cutouts for the sensors in the 1521 material if I liked. As it turned out I had an extra set of the Power Stops in the garage I had bought from my 18 ATS-V that I decided to go ahead and use, but he was most helpful. I will look for our correspondence and get you his email if I can find it. I will pm it to you.

The brake dust went down 80% with the 1521s. Then I ceramic coated the wheels, barrels, spokes and rims and brake dust was literally a thing of the past.
I sent you a PM with his name and email address.

Fwiw Gloc is basically the exact same materials as carbotech & they’ll make any custom pads for anything you want

Fwiw Gloc is basically the exact same materials as carbotech & they’ll make any custom pads for anything you want
G-Loc is family of Carbotech that split off to do their own thing...

G-Loc also gives SCCA members discounts on their products.

This thread title shows BW5 and you guys are talking about the 4's pads. Can anyone paste a link to the pad for a BW5 they believe to be a low/no brake dust option?

I'm glad y'all have this figured out. Brake dust drives me nuts. You have to do the battery disconnect before changing pads, right ?

Where did y'all get the wheels ceramic coated ? Do you still have to hose it off, or does it just not stick at all ?

I'm glad y'all have this figured out. Brake dust drives me nuts. You have to do the battery disconnect before changing pads, right ?

Where did y'all get the wheels ceramic coated ? Do you still have to hose it off, or does it just not stick at all ?
It’s wise to. If you don’t open the doors and keep the key away you’re fine. You don’t want the start up procedure to start or else the caliper pistons will activate & with no pads inside (or your fingers inside) that would be bad.

Well, talked to Ken this week and had him send me a set of Hawk Pads. Fronts have the slot for the wear sensor on the front driver side but the rears doesn’t have them for the rear passenger side. Also they don’t have the wear indicator finger on any of the pads.

9C0581B5-7F2C-4E5C-A45B-307109C31522.jpeg
251ACF78-6A60-4250-BE22-31D4D0E98F7C.jpeg
ECCB2EAE-34F7-4B00-9818-7D923A15B817.jpeg
1D475747-CC33-4A89-9F2D-D8C757266B87.jpeg

I used non oem pads without the sensor opening and just zip tied the sensor out of the way on the brake line. It looks like you can use the sensors up front but not in back and as the front brakes work a lot harder than the rear I wouldn't worry about no sensor on the rear. In fact if you keep up with your own maintenance I wouldn't worry about no sensors or no tab either.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back