Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Looking Ahead--2024 MY Watch / News

DinoPower

Seasoned Member
While I know it's still early in the 2023 MY, my guess is that in the next 100 days (so by end of April) we will have concrete news about what will happen for the BWs for MY 2024.
From a timing perspective, waiting to order until MY 2024 makes the most sense for my car situation--so, I have a hopeful bias that there will be a full model year in 2024. My brain has formulated three 'nuggets' which bolster my hope for 2024 BW cars:
  • A cool thing to see BOTH BW cars make the Car and Driver 10 Best list AGAIN for 2023. Renewed praise for both models--plus C&D has favorable long-term (40,000 mile) evaluations in-process as well.
  • Since this car is not going to Europe, I am not aware of any US-based emissions laws that are due to change which would kill their ability to sell the cars in the US in 2024.
  • Reaching here, but even with the Chevy SS (Holden / Australian made) GM squeezed out a 3-year model run (on a platform they were ITCHING to KILL). Arguably the last year of the SS was the best--because they expanded the color choices in the final year. (Side bar, I'd really love to see MORE BW colors (and a green) for 2024.)
Looking forward to others sharing their insight as 'real' news becomes available.

Hard to say, but I'd assume their plan all along with for at least a 3 model year run. Generally a low-volume car like this is not a profitable endeavor on it's own...but rather more branding/halo car project that is less dependent on sales data, etc.

I wouldn't imagine Car&Driver reviews have any impact on GM's plans.

The only thing I’ll bet on is another goat joining the rodeo and being held in the pen longer than should be.
Oh, and who knows where interest rates will be at time of delivery.

If there is anything to hang our hats on regarding future of BW, I would say the the Camaro will be the biggest clue. Seems plausible that the end of both would be coordinated. I do hope that the collective community of BW's grows to several or more model years, it's only good if there are more of these in the world.

The four year run of the SS Sedan might be a less relatable anecdote as that car seemed like a Mark Reuss outlier pet project from the beginning. Also, each new model year saw some notable changes with the exception of 2017 where the only update was the addition of a single paint color, Nightfall Gray (and the loss of Mystic Green and Jungle Green).

Only thing I would bet on is another price increase.
This!

Even with a $7k base mark-up, GM seems to have no problem selling the Blackwings, with many long waits still. I could also see how a price increase, leading to lower production, would assist GM in phasing out the car.

If GM makes any changes to the platform (infotainment or computer related) I would definetly anticipate a price increase. Dealer stock orders will continue to show up with $9k carbon ceramic brakes, auto trans, and sunroof, pushing 'on-the'lot' vehicles well over $100k.

The Camaro’s last model year is 2024.

Pure speculation on my part says Camaro and CT4/5 production are not aligned.

They no longer share a chassis (Alpha vs Alpha2), the suspension and brakes are different, the eDiff is Blackwing specific and the LT4 has revisions unique to Blackwing.

I think Camaro will end in 2024 and CT4/5 production continues.

I’m interested if the rumored interior revision will make it to Blackwing.

The Camaro’s last model year is 2024.

Pure speculation on my part says Camaro and CT4/5 production are not aligned.

They no longer share a chassis (Alpha vs Alpha2), the suspension and brakes are different, the eDiff is Blackwing specific and the LT4 has revisions specific to Blackwing.

I think Camaro will end in 2024 and CT4/5 production continues.
The biggest issue with this is that they all are built at the same factory. If they eliminate the Camaro after the 2024 model year the factory will need a retool for whatever replaces it.

A retool happens about a year beforehand so we will probably be able to figure this out by summer of this year (August) otherwise both may die after the 2024 model as it wouldn't make sense to keep an entire factory going to only produce Cadillac sedans in the numbers they do.

Its not like the 3rd gen CTS-V had a long life either and the 2024 Camaro is still only a rumour.

Basically time will tell but I'm sure a 2024 Blackwing will happen, the question is will a 2025.

and a green
I miss my royal peacock green 17' SS. If I can find a wrap to match that I'll likely wrap my 4BW green when it comes in 🤞😁

If the ATS-V is any indication of the production length, the sedan was 3 years and the coupe got 4 years. I expect a 3-5 year run for this car. GM sold less than 5,000 combined sedans and coupes for the last gen. We might see 5,000-6,000 total. Meanwhile BMW will sell 40k M3's over a 7-8 year production length lol.

Nice fill-in / discussion from the BW forum!

I got my SS facts wrong about it being a 4-year production...I only remembered 15, 16, 17.

...and come on Jungle Green BW, or any darn green for that matter...
Nah you were right... it was 4 years- with the 14 as first production year with only Brembos on the front. I had a 14 and then a 16... and almost got a 17 in Nightfall Gray... favorite color of all time.

The biggest issue with this is that they all are built at the same factory. If they eliminate the Camaro after the 2024 model year the factory will need a retool for whatever replaces it.

A retool happens about a year beforehand so we will probably be able to figure this out by summer of this year (August) otherwise both may die after the 2024 model as it wouldn't make sense to keep an entire factory going to only produce Cadillac sedans in the numbers they do.

Its not like the 3rd gen CTS-V had a long life either and the 2024 Camaro is still only a rumour.

Basically time will tell but I'm sure a 2024 Blackwing will happen, the question is will a 2025.
"Rumored" for Lansing Grand River to retool for EV production in the near future. EBW?

"Rumored" for Lansing Grand River to retool for EV production in the near future. EBW?
Exactly my point about the Camaro and BW production end date being aligned, if for only that the occupy the same production line. Two low volume, high environmental impact ICE vehicles are not the kind of messaging that GM is going after right now. I say both end after the 2024 model year.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back