Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Limited V-Performance Academy Days Open!!!

I just registered online last night. First for the end of March but then Darci called today and said no manuals were available for that session. So she moved me to the end of April. I took delivery of my car at the end of March 2022, so April 2023 would be over the one year time frame. She said she would have to submit my VIN to Cadillac/gm for an extension approval but she said they're good about it. Now if my wife does join me, yes as of now, we have to make arrangements for someone to watch our boys. That'll be interesting. But I'm excited for April!

I just registered online last night. First for the end of March but then Darci called today and said no manuals were available for that session. So she moved me to the end of April. I took delivery of my car at the end of March 2022, so April 2023 would be over the one year time frame. She said she would have to submit my VIN to Cadillac/gm for an extension approval but she said they're good about it. Now if my wife does join me, yes as of now, we have to make arrangements for someone to watch our boys. That'll be interesting. But I'm excited for April!
I'm in that end of March class (South Jersey) as is @Slick Blackwing (NE PA). Sorry we'll miss you neighbor.

Last edited:
Man, I looked hard at signing up. But then I'm like, do I wanna spend $4K on 2 days of track or spend it on new wheels. Decisions, decisions...:p

If you are first owner of a BW, it’s free. If not, you have to pay. Not sure about your specific situation, but just fyi.

Agreed. New car, new track, etc. One less thing to think about.

Put me hardcore #savethemanuals camp. I want to drive a manual at the track. Even if I'm slower. Yeah, driving an automatic would be one less variable to worry about. I don't care. This is a first world problem, and it is the type of problem that I *want* to worry about. Better to deal with it while learning at the track so I'll be better in the future.

The track, for me, is not where I want or need to "win" (however you define that). I want to "win" (just drive--and ride--really smoothly and well) on roads like 226A in North Carolina that we discussed in another thread. Plus many similar twisty roads in Western NC, Eastern TN, and North GA.

Put me hardcore #savethemanuals camp. I want to drive a manual at the track. Even if I'm slower. Yeah, driving an automatic would be one less variable to worry about. I don't care. This is a first world problem, and it is the type of problem that I *want* to worry about. Better to deal with it while learning at the track so I'll be better in the future.

The track, for me, is not where I want or need to "win" (however you define that). I want to "win" (just drive--and ride--really smoothly and well) on roads like 226A in North Carolina that we discussed in another thread. Plus many similar twisty roads in Western NC, Eastern TN, and North GA.
All else equal, I'd run the program with a stick and my car is in fact a manual for the reasons you described.

But for a variety of reasons, that's my date at Spring Mountain and I'm not going to skip the program just because the car is an auto and to stroke my ego. That would be stupid.

I'll do track days in my own car next summer and still be better off for having run the program.

That's quite a treatise off the back of: ya so the dates worked and it's better than not going :rolleyes:
:LOL:

For what it's worth, while locking in my date they did say if it was outside of the 1 year window, they don't have issues reaching out to GM to authorize an extension. So if anyone is panicked, call and just have them confirm they can't get you into what you purchased and they should reach out to GM if past the 1 year mark. They said they got more cars in from Cadillac but manual ct4s are still the least stocked option

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back