Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Let's see your 0-60 times

Got it down to 4.3, V-Mode Race 1 Traction. In terms of just getting the best 0-60, no lift shift is not useful. Really doesn't seem to work well unless you are using it near redline and the 4BW wants you to shift 1st around 4000-4200 rpm.

Race 1 seems to be better even though it will cut power at launch. I got 4.4 with Race 2 but it's a lot of wheel-spin and I don't see myself modulating the clutch or the throttle better than the computer can.

The 4BW can reach 60 in 2nd but it is all the way to redline and doesn't seem to be the best way to achieve the best 0-60 time as I usually get 4.7 or 4.8 not shifting into 3rd. This is with a manual I imagine gearing in the auto will shift into 3rd much earlier than 55-57 mph.

Really fun to push around and row through the gears. Hoping I can attend a drag strip event soon. Never been to one so I know I won't get the best times out of the car but just want to see how it feels on a prepped surface

Hmmm... I would disagree with the no lift shift not being useful, as without it my best times was a 4.4 if I got everything as right as my limited skills can. Using No lift shift and anything above Dry I have casually gotten 4.2s with not nearly the effort dancing on the pedals. I'm definitely NOT a drag racer so I consider that super impressive for a straight-line neophyte like me.

On a road course where I am more at home, nolift shift and autorev match are the bee's knees for cutting time. Its like the best of all worlds between a manual and automatic. Yes its a lot of fun to do my own heel toe rev matching (the pedal heights reward those who place thier feet high on the brake pedal giving you the option to heel toe with the side dip of the foot or heel flick whichever you prefer) but its even more fun to row my gears but still cut near automatic lap times with more brain space to think about lines and such,

Attachments

• 20230106_063925.jpg
    20230106_063925.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 91
4BW - I hit 3.6 with lots of wheelspin after some mods and a tune (551whp/557wtq). Best I could hit stock was 4.1.

B9F1AA47-0DD5-448D-A413-F0FA719FCCA7.jpeg

Last edited:
4BW 6MT - I think this is probably the best I can do without playing around with launch modes and ptm and such
020F72DB-1C5C-4961-A7E1-5915397D7D8C.jpeg

That's an issue trying to sense and learn a feel for the launch, PTM settings and the car when It's pushed. So far, it's been trial and learn and it's going good most of the time. That said, the car responds to throttle control lightning quick with suspension.

No launch control and wheel spin. Throttled in and out of it. Still learning & experimenting with the car & PTM settings. Getting good smiles in the process.

Attachments

• 20230115_185642_resized.jpg
    20230115_185642_resized.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 48
PTM dry with launch control. High desert, 2500' ele, 45deg F with cloud cover (cold road). PTM working overtime through first and into second.

IMG_5223.jpg

Very few 5BWs posted here. Maybe you 4s scared 'em off..........

I did my very first test today and got 4.3. It was a fairly timid attempt at a speed record. I think I went 1->2 at ~4K and then floored it when I hit 2nd gear. I had the mildest PTM setting and TC was on. There was shockingly little wheelspin as well as interference from the computers. Not even finished with the first 1500 miles, so looking forward to more practice and improved times. :)

So something interesting happened today...It was a beautiful day in southeast Michigan, low 70s, and dry. I was finished with work earlier than expected and I figured I'd go have a little fun with my 4BW 6M. I was trying to replicate my best 0-60 time, which was 4.1s seconds, I believe that is what Cadillac advertises the manual transmission capable of. I adjusted launch rpm and target slip and let her rip...4.1 seconds. Ok. Cool. I think I have it figured out. For shits and giggles I wanted to see what would happen if I maxed launch rpm and target slip. My first pull with launch rpm at 3200 and target slip at 15%, it ran to 60 in 3.8. This is a bone stock manual, with zero modifications. I have quite a few questions...why doesn't Cadillac advertise this? Has anyone else had this good of a time to 60 in a manual, with zero mods? Is this an anomaly? Hopefully someone can shed a little light. Id understand if I was a tenth or so quicker than advertised, but 3/10? In a manual?...

Attachments

• PXL_20240409_215522076.jpg
    PXL_20240409_215522076.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
So something interesting happened today...It was a beautiful day in southeast Michigan, low 70s, and dry. I was finished with work earlier than expected and I figured I'd go have a little fun with my 4BW 6M. I was trying to replicate my best 0-60 time, which was 4.1s seconds, I believe that is what Cadillac advertises the manual transmission capable of. I adjusted launch rpm and target slip and let her rip...4.1 seconds. Ok. Cool. I think I have it figured out. For shits and giggles I wanted to see what would happen if I maxed launch rpm and target slip. My first pull with launch rpm at 3200 and target slip at 15%, it ran to 60 in 3.8. This is a bone stock manual, with zero modifications. I have quite a few questions...why doesn't Cadillac advertise this? Has anyone else had this good of a time to 60 in a manual, with zero mods? Is this an anomaly? Hopefully someone can shed a little light. Id understand if I was a tenth or so quicker than advertised, but 3/10? In a manual?...
Driving Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

Car and Driver lists a 4.0 with the 6 speed. That is a great run but how repeatable is it for you? It sounds like a 4.0 is a pretty good benchmark for these cars. Also, did you no lift shift into 2nd gear? Not sure if all the tests were done with a nice NLS.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 7.51.10 PM.png

2 years later and I still haven't tried a 0-60 yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to pair my ipod to bluetooth !! LOL !
When I was at SM, the best I could get out of their BW5 auto was mid 4's.

Driving Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

Car and Driver lists a 4.0 with the 6 speed. That is a great run but how repeatable is it for you? It sounds like a 4.0 is a pretty good benchmark for these cars. Also, did you no lift shift into 2nd gear? Not sure if all the tests were done with a nice NLS.

View attachment 25254
I have NOT been able to replicate the 3.8, and yes on the NLS into 2nd gear.

I have NOT been able to replicate the 3.8, and yes on the NLS into 2nd gear.
I once got a 3.2 sec in my ZL1. I broke traction and spun the wheels to 60mph real quick. :) If you do get some wheelspin and reach 60mph on the speedo it may skew the results. You may want to get one of those dragy boxes that use GPS to get a more accurate result.

I once got a 3.2 sec in my ZL1. I broke traction and spun the wheels to 60mph real quick. :) If you do get some wheelspin and reach 60mph on the speedo it may skew the results. You may want to get one of those dragy boxes that use GPS to get a more accurate result.

I thought this may be the case but my stepson was videotaping it from the passenger side. Not only did the speedometer increase gradually without a decrease at any point, but I barely broke traction, at all.

I thought this may be the case but my stepson was videotaping it from the passenger side. Not only did the speedometer increase gradually without a decrease at any point, but I barely broke traction, at all.
Sounds like you got a hole shot that run. With the right conditions and a fully prepped surface you could probably repeat that time. The car has enough power, it is all about getting it to the ground.
I had a Tesla Model 3 Performance and it would run 3.2s 0-60 consistently. Instant torque and AWD but the real magic is the traction control on EVs. It is so much faster and more effective than the traditional ICE based systems. No wheel-spin, no drama launches but it gets old after a while hence why I am back in a Blackwing with an M6. ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back