Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Keyfob (manual vs auto)

coffee_time

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2012 CTS-V (sold), 2017 CTS-V (sold), 2024 5BW
2024 6MT BW

What buttons does your keyfob have? I see multiple versions and mine... doesn't make sense to me. My key on the left, what I've seen online on the right.

HlP26vD.png

I've also seen this online, which I think is what I SHOULD have:
7986IXr.png

Why would I have a remote start button my 6MT car?? Why WOULDN'T I have a trunk button?

I agree. My opinion is the top right fob is for auto (that's what mine looks like). Top left, IDK. Bottom should be for manuals. I don't think manuals have remote start.

CT5-V Blackwing 6M...........here's what mine looks like. Manuals don't have remote start.

20240214_134547.jpg

How do you open the trunk remotely?

2024 6MT BW

What buttons does your keyfob have? I see multiple versions and mine... doesn't make sense to me. My key on the left, what I've seen online on the right.

HlP26vD.png

I've also seen this online, which I think is what I SHOULD have:
7986IXr.png

Why would I have a remote start button my 6MT car?? Why WOULDN'T I have a trunk button?
Odd, what happens when you press the button with the circular arrow x2 twice? Does the trunk open?

That’s the hilarious thing. The remote start button pops the trunk! Its like the face of the button is wrong from the factory.
Are both of your key fobs the same?

Def don't get it fixed.

It's like a misprinted stamp. Definitely going to be worth a fortune, probably more than the car itself in 5 years.
😂 that’s a pretty great way to look at it.

That’s the hilarious thing. The remote start button pops the trunk! Its like the face of the button is wrong from the factory.
Yeah, someone got sloppy on the BOM for the assembly line. Just slap a cover on it (with the right button label) and forget it (unless you have too much time on your hands and want to test your dealership experience.)

Last edited:
What is even more odd is what possible configuration of current Cadillac vehicles would have remote start button but no trunk/lift gate button? All Cadillacs are going to have a 5 button layout except manual BW's. A 4 button layout with the big middle key being remote start seems like a printing error by the vendor.

What is even more odd is what possible configuration of current Cadillac vehicles would have remote start button but no trunk/lift gate button? All Cadillacs are going to have a 5 button layout except manual BW's. A 4 button layout with the big middle key being remote start seems like a printing error by the vendor.
Could it be the same button face is used for another GM vehicle, such as a pickup truck? I'd imagine the keyfobs are not assembled by each individual plant, more likely that they make them in one location and ship batches of the relevant ones to each plant.

Yeah that’s the most confusing part. This layout doesn’t fit ANY car lol

Yeah, someone got sloppy on the BOM for the assembly line. Just slap a cover on it (with the right button label) and forget it (unless you have too much time in your hand and want to test your dealership experience.)
I am definitely willing to slack off at work and head to the dealership.

Keyfobs to be the next constraint...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners