Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

JB4 Validation and Test Results on CT4-V Blackwing

@Hdixon46-559
I would love to see some photos of your install, where you placed the tuner, how you ran the wires. Did you also run the cable from the OBD2 port thought the firewall? Itching to pull the trigger on the full monty bluebelt, glad to see you posted the numbers with 91 OCT, thats all I can get out here, ~480 WHP is awesome!
I’ll grab some photos this weekend and submit for everyone to view! For now, the OB2 port cable is just ran through the door jam, considering it was 9PM when I was finishing this up. This weekend I’ll have more time to run through the firewall.

My original order was everything in the blue belt besides the down pipes. With the throttle body’s being on back order, reason for only currently running the plugs, filters and tune. I’ll pull the trigger on the downpipes when the TB’s are back in stock from GM.

I’ll do some more test runs with the beefier maps this weekend and relay back how it goes!

So far, everything feels just like stock when you’re driving like normal. But when you need to extra punch of power, it’s there for you!

What's your experience with the green filters? Did it change induction noises at all, throttle response?
Meh, nothing really too noticeable. I’m sure you could hear the induction a little more than stock but nothing overly noticeable with just those installed.
But you can definitely tell they’re much better quality when you compare to the OEM filters.

Could the jb4 be used to tune it for maybe a 50-60hp increase and not have to worry about the colder plugs?
I’d still suggest installing a colder plug with a tighter gap. Even if you only run the 10% base Map 1. Not too much extra added work for a lot of added security to not foul out the OEM’s.

I’d still suggest installing a colder plug with a tighter gap. Even if you only run the 10% base Map 1. Not too much extra added work for a lot of added security to not foul out the OEM’s.
Just ordered them, did you follow the ats v tutorial to do them was it pretty similar?

Just ordered them, did you follow the ats v tutorial to do them was it pretty similar?
Yep. Very similar. As for the JB4 tuner cabling, it doesn’t come labeled but the connectors for the back of intake mani are the ends that stretch the furthest away from the tuner housing. The other connection goes into the driver side MAF sensor located on top of the air filter housing.
Talked with Michael at Tapout to help with the amount of dielectric grease for each plug. He described the visual each boot end should get roughly “a toothpaste commercial” amount. Which personally, made perfect sense. Haha

Yep. Very similar. As for the JB4 tuner cabling, it doesn’t come labeled but the connectors for the back of intake mani are the ends that stretch the furthest away from the tuner housing. The other connection goes into the driver side MAF sensor located on top of the air filter housing.
Talked with Michael at Tapout to help with the amount of dielectric grease for each plug. He described the visual each boot end should get roughly “a toothpaste commercial” amount. Which personally, made perfect sense. Haha
Even though a lot of these plug manufacturers say they come “pre gapped”, I’d still take the extra 5 mins to confirm with a gapping tool if you aren’t planning on doing so already.👊🏻

Gonna closely follow the development for this!

I had a JB1 (the old JB4) on my 2016 Golf R back in the day. It worked great.

How would someone living in California be able to order this kit *cough* *cough*

=)

How would someone living in California be able to order this kit *cough* *cough*

=)
It would be for "off road use only" right? ;)

=)

=)

=)
Just sent you a DM about this.👊🏻

I’ll grab some photos this weekend and submit for everyone to view! For now, the OB2 port cable is just ran through the door jam, considering it was 9PM when I was finishing this up. This weekend I’ll have more time to run through the firewall.

My original order was everything in the blue belt besides the down pipes. With the throttle body’s being on back order, reason for only currently running the plugs, filters and tune. I’ll pull the trigger on the downpipes when the TB’s are back in stock from GM.

I’ll do some more test runs with the beefier maps this weekend and relay back how it goes!

So far, everything feels just like stock when you’re driving like normal. But when you need to extra punch of power, it’s there for you!
Thank you for the review and can't wait to see pics! Does the 30 minute install time include replacing the plugs? Where did you find a guide for doing the plugs?

Thank you for the review and can't wait to see pics! Does the 30 minute install time include replacing the plugs? Where did you find a guide for doing the plugs?

The plugs will take longer, see this video for whats involved in getting to the plugs. Not really difficult, just a bit time consuming.

The 30 ish minutes was just for the tuner install. Plugs for me were roughly an hour or so. No guide but have a decent amount of experience working on small block motors (SBC/SBF) so I felt confident taking a stab at this.
Before starting, I took a ton of pictures with the engine cover off in case I couldn’t remember where a specific hose or cable was ran to. I did each side one at a time and specifically swapped each plug/re installed one at a time before moving to the next one. Also, I was able to keep the intake manifold in place and still complete the swap successfully.

How often do the plugs need to be replaced? Do the performance plugs last as long as the factory standard plugs once you switch?

How often do the plugs need to be replaced? Do the performance plugs last as long as the factory standard plugs once you switch?
Racing spark plugs won't last anywhere near as long as factory fine wire plugs with projected tips. We typically replace them every 10,000 to 15,000 miles.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back