Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is the EV push too fast and too furious? Ford projects $4.5B in loses for EVs in 2023

I'd love to hear everyone share their alternatives. People probably said the same about the switch from horses to petrol cars. I don't claim to have any answers, but we can't possibly go on burning dead dinos and spewing filth into the air indefinitely. I am in no way ignorant to the 10 tons of CO2 my BW adds to the atmosphere annually and won't pretend that I'd breathe it all in willingly. Maintaining the status quo while hoping for a miracle will surely play out in our favor, right?
Hydrogen - Most abundant element on the planet
-
-
Porsche Synthetic fuel
-
Solid State Batteries - while still an "EV" Its not dependant on mining current raw materials for lithium, coupled with a universal vehicle battery design, would be a better alternative than what is in use today
-

Hydrogen - Most abundant element on the planet
-
-
Porsche Synthetic fuel
-
Solid State Batteries - while still an "EV" Its not dependant on mining current raw materials for lithium, coupled with a universal vehicle battery design, would be a better alternative than what is in use today
-
I'm hoping thats what will eventually happen, with EV's and better ICE cars as a temporary bridge for hydrogen fuel cells. Hydrogen cars can still sound awesome and have "a soul" if you will.

I'm hoping the H2 will become the new standard, I don't see EV's as being a long-term viable solution for large parts of the US market. They simply don't have either the range or endurance or infrastructure yet to be viable in places like west Texas.

I'm hoping the H2 will become the new standard, I don't see EV's as being a long-term viable solution for large parts of the US market. They simply don't have either the range or endurance or infrastructure yet to be viable in places like west Texas.

Wait, you want the Hummer H2 to become the new standard? (I kid!)

It's true that Hydrogen powered cars are very interesting for reasons that have already been stated: it's so abundant, vehicles can be refueled quickly, and of course it burns cleanly - However its far less efficient than a BEV and for that simple reason it's very unlikely to win out as the future power source. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure hydrogen will play a role in our energy future, but keep in mind that BEVs are still essentially beta products and have a long way to go to reach maturity. As battery technology improves we will see them become lighter, charge faster, and last longer with less waste.

As of now I would not consider an electric vehicle based on how I use my car, but for some people it makes sense.

I do believe that the battery electric vehicle is the future however.

Look at how portable computers started: big, bulky, heavy, slow to charge, little runtime and batteries wore out quickly. Portable computers have come a long way since then and are ubiquitous. Future improvement in battery technology will make BEVs ubiquitous as well. It's not a perfect analogy , but you get the idea.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back