Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Interior Materials question

Using a conditioner won't do anything. The leather or "pleather" is sealed from the factory. This keeps it looking new many many years down the road and makes maintenance like cleaning a breeze.

If you use conditioners you will end up removing this seal after a time and then the leather will become exposed and deteriorate.

There is absolutely no reason to use anything but a damp microfiber cloth to clean the interior unless you have visibly soiled the seats with something and even then a little soap will clean it right up.

Its your car but the days of needing leather conditioners are gone in a modern car.

Ah, I forgot as I have the semi-aniline seats that not all are open pore leather. Also, many including me, may have an interior 'protection package' which may complicate things in terms of use of conditioners (I think I have GM's and some sort of mandatory dealer interior protection package to boot!) I'm in for service now but will play with a couple of test areas and different conditioners later today (I have everything from Lexol to 303 at home.)

Back to OP's original post, if you're talking about the dash and it gets UV exposure, I'd consider Vinylex to restore plasticizers.

Ah, I forgot as I have the semi-aniline seats that not all are open pore leather. Also, many including me, may have an interior 'protection package' which may complicate things in terms of use of conditioners (I think I have GM's and some sort of mandatory dealer interior protection package to boot!) I'm in for service now but will play with a couple of test areas and different conditioners later today (I have everything from Lexol to 303 at home.)

Back to OP's original post, if you're talking about the dash and it gets UV exposure, I'd consider Vinylex to restore plasticizers.
Someone already mentioned it above, but today's leathers from the factory come coated, which is why they recommend only using a damp cloth or mild soap/water to clean it. You definitely do not want to put lexol or any type of serious cleaner on there until you get maybe 10-15 years into the life of the car.

I haven't used it in about 15 years, but as I recall Lexol Vinylex left the plastics too shiny for my taste. I ended up using it on underhood plastics, but not on the interior. On the interior, it's 303 only for me.

I haven't used it in about 15 years, but as I recall Lexol Vinylex left the plastics too shiny for my taste. I ended up using it on underhood plastics, but not on the interior. On the interior, it's 303 only for me.
Per the manual anything that leaves a shine is not recommended. I thought Vinylex was matte last time I used it though (been a couple years so I'll have to test.)

Someone already mentioned it above, but today's leathers from the factory come coated, which is why they recommend only using a damp cloth or mild soap/water to clean it. You definitely do not want to put lexol or any type of serious cleaner on there until you get maybe 10-15 years into the life of the car.

It does feel like a significant coating of something. The manual only references what not to use with no recommendation of what to use. Lexol products are not harsh and are used for restoration so I'll probably test an area with it soon (in my case it would be the conditioner, not the cleaner as it's not needed.)

What can be used to repair a scratch on the steering wheel leather? The scratch I have looks white and is very obvious... I have put a leather conditioner on it and it was good for a day and now its back...

What can be used to repair a scratch on the steering wheel leather? The scratch I have looks white and is very obvious... I have put a leather conditioner on it and it was good for a day and now its back...
That's a tough one, because the steering wheel is the interluxe stuff mentioned earlier so you're going to have to guess whether or not it will respond like leather. If you treat it like regular leather, you're going to have to clean it with something like vinegar and then use a dye to deal with it. If you search amazon for "leather marker" you should get some dye options that are easy to use and limit to just the scratch.

That's a tough one, because the steering wheel is the interluxe stuff mentioned earlier so you're going to have to guess whether or not it will respond like leather. If you treat it like regular leather, you're going to have to clean it with something like vinegar and then use a dye to deal with it. If you search amazon for "leather marker" you should get some dye options that are easy to use and limit to just the scratch.
Thanks for the info, I will go see what I can find.

Movie GIF

The base seats are "Inteluxe", which is "Leatherette". Not leather, made from vinyl. Easier to keep clean and more scratch resistant than leather but tend to get hotter in the sun. I have them in my 4BW and Tesla Model 3. They are pretty comfortable, actually quite a bit softer than the leather seats in the 4BW but if prefer like genuine leather then you have to spring for the $5,500 package.

What does this phrase mean to you guys:

"Jet Black with Jet Black accents, Leather Seating Surfaces"

That's the description of the base seats for the 5BW.

The base seats are "Inteluxe", which is "Leatherette". Not leather, made from vinyl. Easier to keep clean and more scratch resistant than leather but tend to get hotter in the sun. I have them in my 4BW and Tesla Model 3. They are pretty comfortable, actually quite a bit softer than the leather seats in the 4BW but if prefer like genuine leather then you have to spring for the $5,500 package.

From the link: "Which vehicles will sport Inteluxe interiors?
The newly named material will make its first appearance on the base-level 2022 Cadillac XT4. GM Authority confirmed that the upholstery will also be used in the base-trim versions of 2022 XT5 and XT6. And although it hasn’t been confirmed, it’s likely we’ll see Inteluxe make an appearance on the entry-level models of the 2022 CT5 and CT6 sedans."

Are any Blackwings considered base models?

And here is the description for the BASE CT5 (No V, BW, engine upgrade, real deal base):

"Jet Black with Jet Black Accents, Inteluxe Seats"

Me thinks BW's base seats actually have leather seating surfaces...

And here is the description for the BASE CT5 (No V, BW, engine upgrade, real deal base):

"Jet Black with Jet Black Accents, Inteluxe Seats"

Me thinks BW's base seats actually have leather seating surfaces...
On the 5BW the base seats are leather. On the 4BW the base seats are Inteluxe.

4BW options
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 5.56.02 PM.png

5BW options
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 5.56.33 PM.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace