Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Product Review: In Defense Of: The Cadillac CTS-V Wagon

Product Review announcement

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
In Defense Of: The Cadillac CTS-V Wagon

By Brendan McAleer on February 20, 2012
The Truth About Cars

If you are unfamiliar with the type of car pictured above, then may I congratulate you on finally getting a WiFi connection all the way up there in your cave on the moon. Yes indeedy, this is the much-publicized Cadillac CTS-V wagon.

No, on the other hand, it is not a press car. Let me explain.

Along with TTAC and a few other outlets, I am privileged to write weekly for a small community newspaper of quite good quality. I mean, apart from the bits that I contribute, obviously.

There it was that I rifled off one of my usual grammatically suspect musings, declaring the CTS-V wagon as rare as seeing Elvis riding a unicorn, and indicating that it was a car only a lunatic would ever really buy. A day later, I received this picture:

Full Story: In Defense Of: The Cadillac CTS-V Wagon | The Truth About Cars

Interesting read. Thanks Rob.

Unlike the black on black with yellow calipers Vagon pictured in the article, my Vagon appears to be a real sleeper - red with polished wheels and satin calipers.

I have not seen another Vagon on the road yet. I see a few Coupes and Sedans but not a single Vagon other than mine. So, it must be pretty rare. Then again, the Vagon isn't for everyone and that's good.

True, it gets lousy gas mileage compared to some cars but a lot better than other tanks driven on the road today and it's a lot more fun to drive.

I've got almost 10K miles on mine now and still have half the rear tires left. Then again, I'm not hammering the throttle everytime either.

Mine hauls my mountain bikes - inside, and all the groceries my wife and I can eat in a month. The rear seats fold flat and I don't have to take the rear head rests out to do that - my Volt's rear seats to not fold flat and we have to remove the head rests just to get them to fold at all.

Love my Vagon!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners