Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

IF you had to do it again.

Vakane

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Ct5-V 86-345
First to those who got their cars and upgraded the seats.

Today I read the standard seats are heated/cooled

Do they look that much different in the back from the mid range or the top of the line seats?

I’m thinking about ordering the ceramic brakes (I didn’t originally) and scaling back on the seats to the mid range seat or the standard…

Am I wrong to spend more but get less let seats?

Does by one know if changing that in my order would put me on the list of cars with parts missing?

I.e. are ceramic brakes also backed up like the carbon fiber packages?

Both the brakes and the seats are tremendous upgrades. I couldn’t be happier with either. They really make the car in a lot of ways. I would bite the bullet, get both, and you won’t regret it…!

Aren't the upgraded seats heated/cooled/massaging?

Both the brakes and the seats are tremendous upgrades. I couldn’t be happier with either. They really make the car in a lot of ways. I would bite the bullet, get both, and you won’t regret it…!
Now are you referring to the mid upgrade or the 7k seats?

Are the mid range the same except for the carbon back and the center leather?

Have the carbon fiber seats but not the ceramic brakes. Didn't want them as I planned to track the car but given I might not get to the track as often as I'd like I might go with the ceramics if I were ordering again as the brake dust seems excessive even compared to the V3.

If you are using the car for daily mostly or even just mainly street, then you really dont need the ceramic brakes. I would get the seats long before the brakes. (i didnt order ceramic brakes, but did opt for the nice seats...however i have not received the car yet)

Do they look that much different in the back from the mid range or the top of the line seats?

I’m thinking about ordering the ceramic brakes (I didn’t originally) and scaling back on the seats to the mid range seat or the standard…

Am I wrong to spend more but get less let seat

I have the upgraded seats with carbon fiber backs and went with steel brakes and would do it again, manual transmission , both carbon fiber packages , pdr and no moon roof . The only thing I might change would be add the roof, just for resale value but I don’t think I’ll try to sell anytime soon.

only thing I would do is add the PDR... I have the M6, mid seats, and both carbon packages, Red Seat Belts and Brakes, Perfect as it sits...

I think I'd change from Rift to Black. Got lucky recently and found a JL Jeep for even trade on my 100k+ mile SS. Plan all along was to DD the BW. I hate to say out loud, I'm loving the Jeep and plan to keep it and drive through the Chicago winters.

My 5BW was one of my "go big or go home" moments, so I ticked just about all of the option boxes for my order.. Having had the car for 2 months now, if I had to do it over, I would still ticked all of the boxes. Though I fully understand that sometimes you have to be selective and prudent with your choices. If that's the case, I would definitely put the high performance seats at the top of the list. While I haven't had the opportunity to sit in the regular seats, the high-po ones have been fantastic. They're the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car especially on a recent 200+ mile, non-stop road trip that I took.

I would then prioritize the carbon fiber exterior options over the CF seat-backs. You are going to see the exterior CF every time you walk up to the car, and it just looks so good. Yes, the CF seat backs look awesome too, but in the grand scheme of things, you're not going to be looking at them that often.

I'd leave the CC brakes as the last option. The steel ones are perfectly adequate on the street and for light tracking. Plus you can always upgrade them later when it comes time to changing out the steel ones.

My 5BW was one of my "go big or go home" moments, so I ticked just about all of the option boxes for my order.. Having had the car for 2 months now, if I had to do it over, I would still ticked all of the boxes. Though I fully understand that sometimes you have to be selective and prudent with your choices. If that's the case, I would definitely put the high performance seats at the top of the list. While I haven't had the opportunity to sit in the regular seats, the high-po ones have been fantastic. They're the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car especially on a recent 200+ mile, non-stop road trip that I took.

I would then prioritize the carbon fiber exterior options over the CF seat-backs. You are going to see the exterior CF every time you walk up to the car, and it just looks so good. Yes, the CF seat backs look awesome too, but in the grand scheme of things, you're not going to be looking at them that often.

I'd leave the CC brakes as the last option. The steel ones are perfectly adequate on the street and for light tracking. Plus you can always upgrade them later when it comes time to changing out the steel ones.
I think that's very well put. I'd probably agree 100%. My dealer asked me, when the time comes, what I'd give up to get mine built. I told him "nothing". I'll wait. I spec'd it the way I wanted, and not giving up anything just to get it.

I'm next on the list at my dealer, who expected an allocation this week, but we will see.

Last edited:
I’ve seen people on other forums also mention upgrading the brakes from steel to CCBs if they want to but what about going the other way? What if I spec CCBs from the factory and I don’t want to pay $20k for a brake job in 10 years (just exaggerating but you get the point). Can I install steel rotors/metallic/semi metallic pads in place of my carbon ceramics?

It sure would be nice to be able to sit in both style of seats before deciding. $6,000 is a heap of cash. I have no plans to track the car so high bolsters might just end up being uncomfortable.

Last edited:
It sure would be nice to be able to sit in both style of seats before deciding. $6,000 is a heap of cash. I have no plans to track the car so high bolsters might just end up being uncomfortable.
If I am not mistaken, I think the high performance seats with just suede seatbacks is a $2890 option. Going with the carbon fiber seatback is a $6090 option.

1636208701950.png

1636208825990.png

I’ve seen people on other forums also mention upgrading the brakes from steel to CCBs if they want to but what about going the other way? What if I spec CCBs from the factory and I don’t want to pay $20k for a brake job in 10 years (just exaggerating but you get the point). Can I install steel rotors/metallic/semi metallic pads in place of my carbon ceramics?
I do believe you can do a straight swap like that as well.

Thanks! You just helped me save at least $3K
Just for your reference, I had the base seats in my V3 and I thought they were a perfect balance of comfort and support. I didn’t track my car either. Like jwolf, I decided to go big or go home on this one. That and I didn’t want another black interior.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back