Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I want to buy a car, please sir, may I have another?

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
I couldn't find a subforum here for purchasing/ordering/shopping the BW, so please forgive me if this does not belong in this forum.

I've decided that my life will not be complete unless I can own and drive a Cadillac CT5V Blackwing with a proper manual transmission. You guys and gals have been terrible enablers about this, with all of your gushing about how wonderful these cars are, and most people it seems are having very few issues or complaints. Unlike, say, the BMW M3 forum. ;) I'll be honest, I have a real love/hate thing with BMW.

And a friend of mine sent me a link to this video, which just pushed me over the edge a bit more:

So...

I found a lot more cars than I expected on Cars.com - 3 pages of manual transmission BW. Now I have to go through them all, request info, have some sales-tool call me to discuss financing options before they admit that the car is pre-sold or not there yet, or has a $20K ADM. All that and try to do my job.

I've bought and sold 50+ cars in my lifetime, so I kind of know the drill, negotiation, etc. and I have no issues with flying out and driving home. Preferably the eastern half of the country (I'm in NC) as I don't really want to drive 4 days home... although it would be a killer vacation I suppose. Hmmmm...

Any advice, suggestions, leads, etc. are welcome.

Thanks!
Michael

Last edited:
GM is cranking out a lot of CT5s a day I'm sure. The Blackwing probably only makes limited runs on certain days. The engine is probably the bottle neck since they are hand built. I would image GM makes more money on the massive CT5 volume than just a few BWs.

If that savagegeese video made you want one, the second half of this follow-up video they did will make you REALLY want one.

If that savagegeese video made you want one, the second half of this follow-up video they did will make you REALLY want one.
When I found out about the 5BW I watched YouTube videos all afternoon and evening, then started calling around dealers the next day. I made my mind up that I would not be denied, but also would only pay MSRP. And back in January 2022 there were not all the used ones floating around we have today. The OP should feel lucky he doesn't have to go through all the crap a lot of us did. Then again, I've been driving mine now for over a year, maybe I'm the lucky one.

How much do you guys think it's worth leaving my 4BW deposits and converting them to 5BW 🤞

I will be getting a new 2024 4BW to my specs for track duty/summer fun but I am always thinking about that V8...

When I found out about the 5BW I watched YouTube videos all afternoon and evening, then started calling around dealers the next day. I made my mind up that I would not be denied, but also would only pay MSRP. And back in January 2022 there were not all the used ones floating around we have today. The OP should feel lucky he doesn't have to go through all the crap a lot of us did. Then again, I've been driving mine now for over a year, maybe I'm the lucky one.
I've probably watched the Throttle House and both Savagegeese videos of the 5BW a thousand times since I placed my order. And reading a few threads on this board over and over again to live vicariously through those of you who have one. I wish mine would get here already.

How much do you guys think it's worth leaving my 4BW deposits and converting them to 5BW 🤞

I will be getting a new 2024 4BW to my specs for track duty/summer fun but I am always thinking about that V8...
If you can swing the 5BW, that's the obvious choice. The 5BW will always be the one to have, regardless of what anyone says about how much lighter the 4BW is and how much more nimble it feels for pure driving pleasure.

Its a V8 manual sedan, it will always be worth more. Journalists and statistics can say the 4 is better but the resale will always support the 5. If you can do it, do it.

I've probably watched the Throttle House and both Savagegeese videos of the 5BW a thousand times since I placed my order. And reading a few threads on this board over and over again to live vicariously through those of you who have one. I wish mine would get here already.
I remember those days.
i can't omg GIF by MSNBC

If you can swing the 5BW, that's the obvious choice. The 5BW will always be the one to have, regardless of what anyone says about how much lighter the 4BW is and how much more nimble it feels for pure driving pleasure.

Its a V8 manual sedan, it will always be worth more. Journalists and statistics can say the 4 is better but the resale will always support the 5. If you can do it, do it.
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

IMHO the CT4-V Blackwing is nothing short of greatness! Do I love my 5BW, yes, but my 4BW is my favorite!
summer goodbye GIF by Shinesty

But sir, a few months ago you were going to get rid of the 4 and keep the 5.

View attachment 21038
Yes, that is a true statement and I was only going to trade it to get my wife a new XT4, but the way Cadillac is holding on to my order I will have enough time to save the money to purchase my wife's car..... I will be trading my 4BW in to purchase another one within the next 15 months....

The goat rodeo is not only a Blackwing thing its a common man XT4 thing too.... #constraints #waiting #2000

Thanks all for the replies!

Stay away from Thompson in Raleigh (see my post in the MSRP sticky thread). I am on the list at Hendrick in Cary.

Thanks for the warning. I never got an answer from either Thompson or Hendrick on their waitlists. Useless people.

I think you will find that most of the ones you're "finding" are already sold and "in transit" as GM forces the dealerships to post those cars to their websites until they're picked up by the buyer.

Yep. But you (me) have to go through each one to find out. I had the same problem when M4 shopping last year.

Yeah, I'm following this, even though orange is not exactly what I would call flying under the radar. It's striking, I like it, I'm just not sure how I'd feel about it in 5 years.

That auction ended at $95K and change, putting it at over $100K after fees. RNM, I don't know if they made a deal afterwards. I like the orange, but would prefer not to be in such a noticeable car. I do occasionally drive in a slightly aggressive manner, and I don't need people remembering me or the car.

I mean one single GM Factory produces 1,300/day so I don't know why people think GM is slow to produce cars - https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-facilities/gm-usa-facilities/gm-arlington-plant/

Years ago (2001?) I took the tour at the Corvette plant in BG KY. They said that they are purposely the slowest plant in the GM universe, to <cough> insure quality. I suspect it's half that and half that they can't sell all they can make.

So, to recap the past couple of days:

I emailed every single dealer with a manual car that was not in silver. Heck, I think I even emailed about a silver one. I emailed them all from the link on their web site, not the cars.com lead. Of the dealers that bothered to reply (more than half did not) most replied that the car(s) was(ere) already sold. Very few offered to order one for me.

The few remaining dealers with an in-stock car were all selling for over MSRP. It ranged from $3500 over to $20K over. If it got to the point of phone calls and I bothered to push back, the standard response was "that's what the market says".

I found a few used ones, including the auction above (which I did bid on) and a few others on used car sites as well as eBay, only looking at cars with ridiculously low miles (under 2K) I decided on one at a Mercedes dealership in SC (I'm in NC) and they offered me a fair market price on my M4 as trade, so I'm going tomorrow to pick it up.

I'm looking forward to it! Thanks again for all of the comments, advice and suggestions.

Michael

We will now require a 5 page essay after you acquire the car on what "Blackwing" means to you.

Single spaced.

We will now require a 5 page essay after you acquire the car on what "Blackwing" means to you.

Single spaced.
I could do that. I think the story would start back when I was about 12. I’m 100% clear on why I have a 5BW.

I could do that. I think the story would start back when I was about 12. I’m 100% clear on why I have a 5BW.
Indeed! I wanted this car long before it ever existed, or even could exist with technology and engineering of the era when I was calendar 12...I have to distinguish between my real age and how I act.

@BimmerFan I genuinely hope the deal works out and get to drive her home tomorrow...I would have a hard time sleeping! Ok part of me (the 12yo part mentioned above) thinks its bullshit that you roll in here with your smug BMW-ness and a few days later you have a deal worked out on a 5BW :) #goatrodeo

I have never owned a BMW and never would. Living in LA for 15 years it seems every other car is a BMW and about as generic as an IN-N-Out burger. I like the really old ones, but the new ones, not my style.

The Blackwings has an unassuming and understated presence that appeals to my low key side. In a second that demeanor can turn into the gates of hell opening up showing raw evil. It’s something the muscle cars of the late 60s can’t pull off very well. They are unaltered evil all the time, which ain’t a bad thing, I’ve just outgrown that stance.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back