Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I Did It

Finally-a-V

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing
Well, I did it. I cancelled my 5BW because I knew it wouldn't get built for 2022.

After much debate, what I did though, I went out and bought a 4BW. It has everything I wanted except CF2, which is fine. Picked it up Monday and drove back from San Diego. So far, I’m very pleased. Ride is good, handles very well, but I haven’t had the chance to really play with it yet. Seats are great. Firm and a little hard, but very nice. I’m very pleased how you can feel and hear the difference between tour and sport. Another car I had, you really couldn’t tell much of a difference. Sport really tightens things up, louder exhaust, crisp shifts. Can’t wait to play around with track mode. I really didn't want another black car, but you get what you can get. I actually think it looks a little bad ass in black.

So now I have a Blackwing!! Let's see how much I really like it and what 2024 might hold!

Big shout out to @Tall Steve. He was right. Drive it, you’ll buy it. Also, thanks to my selling dealer, Marvin K Brown. Super people to deal with. Easy deal, no games, kept their word. Thanks to Joe and Jeffery, my salespeople.
IMG_20220502_122559102_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220502_101346382_HDR.jpg

Well, I did it. I cancelled my 5BW because I knew it wouldn't get built for 2022.

After much debate, what I did though, I went out and bought a 4BW. It has everything I wanted except CF2, which is fine. Picked it up Monday and drove back from San Diego. So far, I’m very pleased. Ride is good, handles very well, but I haven’t had the chance to really play with it yet. Seats are great. Firm and a little hard, but very nice. I’m very pleased how you can feel and hear the difference between tour and sport. Another car I had, you really couldn’t tell much of a difference. Sport really tightens things up, louder exhaust, crisp shifts. Can’t wait to play around with track mode. I really didn't want another black car, but you get what you can get. I actually think it looks a little bad ass in black.

So now I have a Blackwing!! Let's see how much I really like it and what 2024 might hold!

Big shout out to @Tall Steve. He was right. Drive it, you’ll buy it. Also, thanks to my selling dealer, Marvin K Brown. Super people to deal with. Easy deal, no games, kept their word. Thanks to Joe and Jeffery, my salespeople.
View attachment 8686View attachment 8685
No complaints from me either in my dealings with MKB and Joe.

I should also give a big THANKS to @Rob for all he has done....for all of us. My dealer cancelled my order, so it's already out of the tracker.

Congratulations! Beautiful car!

My Shadow 4 is getting PPF, tint, and mono badges. I hope to have it in 2 weeks. I had (2) 5s on order, I cancelled my local one and am sticking with Sewell. The 4 I bought is exactly as I would have ordered it, except for the wheels (it has black and I would have gone bronze). But in my mind, it will never be the 5 I really lust for. Will it be amazing to drive? No doubt. And probably more usable day to day. But that LT4 is just a totally different product, and one that appeals more to me.

On the plus side for the 4, the interior is much more befitting the pricepoint. The 5 definitely deserves better.

In the meantime, I look forward to being in the 4 club!!

Congratulations! Beautiful car!

My Shadow 4 is getting PPF, tint, and mono badges. I hope to have it in 2 weeks. I had (2) 5s on order, I cancelled my local one and am sticking with Sewell. The 4 I bought is exactly as I would have ordered it, except for the wheels (it has black and I would have gone bronze). But in my mind, it will never be the 5 I really lust for. Will it be amazing to drive? No doubt. And probably more usable day to day. But that LT4 is just a totally different product, and one that appeals more to me.

On the plus side for the 4, the interior is much more befitting the pricepoint. The 5 definitely deserves better.

In the meantime, I look forward to being in the 4 club!!
I agree 100%. I really wanted a 5, but refused to settle for what I wanted. Wouldn't drop CF1, CF2 and carbon seats. Guess what, no car. I learned. Could have ordered a 2023, but I think it'll be the same goat rodeo. No car until Q1 or Q2 next year. So, thanks to @Tall Steve and @Akamai58, I decided to go 4. My most excellent wife told me "get the 4, you don't like it, order a 2024 5". Anyway, I get to have fun with this. Maybe it's enough.

Congrats!

Btw it’s not recommended to drive in track mode on the streets. You have a high likelihood of bending a rim from potholes.

I agree 100%. I really wanted a 5, but refused to settle for what I wanted. Wouldn't drop CF1, CF2 and carbon seats. Guess what, no car. I learned. Could have ordered a 2023, but I think it'll be the same goat rodeo. No car until Q1 or Q2 next year. So, thanks to @Tall Steve and @Akamai58, I decided to go 4. My most excellent wife told me "get the 4, you don't like it, order a 2024 5". Anyway, I get to have fun with this. Maybe it's enough.
Has length of production been confirmed? I wouldn't bank on '24 otherwise.

View attachment 8686View attachment 8685
wow - congrats!

Congrats!

Btw it’s not recommended to drive in track mode on the streets. You have a high likelihood of bending a rim from potholes.
I haven't heard this before. The concept being the stiffer suspension would cause this?

I haven't heard this before. The concept being the stiffer suspension would cause this?
Exactly. I believe it’s in the manual. I was informed this at spring mountain. They recommend not going to the stiffest suspension even in V mode settings.

Has length of production been confirmed? I wouldn't bank on '24 otherwise.
Honestly, no. That's best guess due to the Camaro's last year is supposed to be 2024. Since BW's are on the same chassis, so that's kind of a guess. Who really knows?

I know stuff. I also like to keep my job :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back