Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How To: Remove Front Reflector/Indicator

strohw

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-BW
I removed and tinted my front indicators in January and took some pictures to help others but completely forgot about them until today. Which means I also forgot the screw sizes and a bit about the clip you have to remove. So, all the screw heads are torx and there are 3 different screws. They are different sizes and I believe the indicator screw is one size larger than the wheel well screw but don't recall exactly.

After you do this once then it's about 10 minutes to complete it. You don't need to take the wheel off, just turn it to full lock.

Step Guide:

1.) Remove the first 4 to 5 wheel well screws so that you pull back the material.
2.) Pull back the material away from the fender. You want to pull it back a bit above the seem between the fender and the bumper. Using a plastic pry tool makes it easy.
3.) Reveal the torx screw that secures the bumper to the fender. Remove it.
4.) Pull the bumper away from the fender. You can see in Pic4 that it's just two clips that hold it in place. they are easy to unclip by simply pulling the bumper away from the fender.
5.) Now you can get to the screw that holds the indicator to the bumper.
6.) I used one of these to remove the screw.
7.) You can see the clip here that connects to the indicator.
8.) I'm a bit fuzzy on this but I believe you have to slide the red clip back and then you can lift the black clip piece away from the yellow indicator body.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 202
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 190
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 218
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 202
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 198
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 200
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 191
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 198
Got time to tint mine this afternoon and I used the Vvivid Air-Tint in Dark Black.

@strohw This walkthrough was great A couple quick notes for the next person using them:
- The screw that holds the bumper to the fender has a hex head. I used a 7mm socket to remove it.
- The screw that holds the light onto the bumper (Step 6) is the same size torx bit as the fender well screws, but it is a different sized (shorter) screw.
- Your directions on removing the wiring harness weren't fuzzy at all. Use a flathead screw driver to push the red locking mechanism downwards to the ground, then once its retracted, use the same screw driver to lift up the black tab and remove the light. It comes out rather easy.

Thanks again for the photos! I'll contribute by showing some of my finished product. Looks awesome with the Monochrome emblems.
20220515_153147.jpg

20220515_153154.jpg

20220515_153124.jpg

20220515_153101.jpg

of all the parts these share with a Camaro I wish the reflectors were one haha I'd buy the clear lens with dark housing and do a white LED again. Illegal? Yes. Worth it? Yes. Never got pulled over for it and I like the look better

Anyone know if there’s a fuse specific to the side markers?

In the manual there’s a bunch of ’exterior lighting module’ fuses without any detail.

Got time to tint mine this afternoon and I used the Vvivid Air-Tint in Dark Black.

@strohw This walkthrough was great A couple quick notes for the next person using them:
- The screw that holds the bumper to the fender has a hex head. I used a 7mm socket to remove it.
- The screw that holds the light onto the bumper (Step 6) is the same size torx bit as the fender well screws, but it is a different sized (shorter) screw.
- Your directions on removing the wiring harness weren't fuzzy at all. Use a flathead screw driver to push the red locking mechanism downwards to the ground, then once its retracted, use the same screw driver to lift up the black tab and remove the light. It comes out rather easy.

Thanks again for the photos! I'll contribute by showing some of my finished product. Looks awesome with the Monochrome emblems.
View attachment 8877
View attachment 8876
View attachment 8878
View attachment 8879
Nice!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC