Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hoo boy- 90 mile Auto CT5 BW 74k reserve not met

Yikes, wonder how much difference a manual would have made.

Also, how the hell does a 2022 only have 90s miles?

No CF? No Semi-Aniline seats w/CF and A10 with nobody watching? A10 being the least of it's problems
Almost none of the 22s and 23s had cf so not a big deal to me personally. Agree on the seats , the base ones look very base.

Man, you guys really like to hate on the base seats. I think they're just fine.

I saw the auction, I think it's primarily the A10, but also many of the people that really wanted and can afford the BW have already bought one (that would be us) and did I mention the A10?

Also, a two year-old car with only 90 miles is not a good thing. I have bought several used cars that just sat and sat, and it's often not good.

And lastly, BaT is a victim of its own success. The founder saw the writing on the wall and sold it to Hagerty a few years ago. Now they've gone from perhaps (I never counted) 30 cars on auction to 300 at any one time. There is exhaustion. And they have a rep (well deserved) for some cars selling at exorbitant prices, so some people don't seem bother to look and see what's up any more. And I'm sure some former users have gotten tired of all of the air cooled Porsches and ridiculous Ferrari variants, and just don't bother any more. Plus, did I mention the A10?

I used to look through the BaT auctions to see what was new, but I don't any more. Too much chaff. Expensive chaff. So unless I'm specifically looking for a BW and do a search for just that model, odds are that I won't see your car for sale. And last week I found a 2019 Ford F-150 V6 on Cars & Bids. Sure, it was slightly lowered and a previous owner had swapped the cloth seat covers for vinyl (how is that an improvement?) but aside from that, it was a stock, base Ford F-150. They make one of those every 30 seconds. What's unique about that to put it on a enthusiast auction web site? And it didn't meet reserve, heck, it didn't even get to wholesale pricing. I would have bought it if I had room for a truck.

And since I'm a roll here, I'll add that I once sold a car on BaT. It was a royal PITA. Not just dealing with BaT, but all those stupid annoying people asking questions, people who don't read the auction and ask questions already answered, and of course, my favorite, people who ask very specific questions and ask for pictures of the item and then never bid. I did get rid of the car, got a decent price, the buyer was great, but I'm hesitant to do it again with their low-ball reserve requirements now.

And did I mention the A10?

Having a A10 is like having leprosy for you stick fanboys? LOL! Common man, not that again!

Hardly any factory CF on 22's and 23's someone says! Perfect! Mine just went up in $$$!

Always remember, FREEDOM is not FREE! Have a good Memorial Weekend folks!

I agree in part with @BimmerFan . I think cars and bids is better personally. Lower prices and at times even with a reserve the seller will let it go below the reserve. I've followed cars on there that have sold below the reserve and thought, had I known that it would have sold that low, I would have bid.

Maybe I should get it as a set for my 4BW. The Shadow twins. If I got another, I'd probably like an auto since mine is manual. Adding carbon fiber to a 5BW would be a breeze compared to the work I did on the 4. The dive planes were a real learning experience.

I don't see any big surprise here. Not sure what the reserve is, but this is really a stripper for a CT5-V Blackwing. Nonetheless, it will go around the track as fast as anniversary models at 140k, and includes all of the driving dynamics. Hard to call it "used" with only 90 miles, but it is 2 model years old. Maybe 78-80k is right?

Maybe I should get it as a set for my 4BW. The Shadow twins. If I got another, I'd probably like an auto since mine is manual. Adding carbon fiber to a 5BW would be a breeze compared to the work I did on the 4. The dive planes were a real learning experience.
I have '22 5BW car #26 with the six-speed in Shadow. I've been tempted a few times to get a 10A "beater" 5BW for daily driving duties as I want to keep my six-speed forever so don't want to pile crazy miles on it. At mid 70's potentially, I may have to consider it a bit more if the market keeps drifting down.

The only thing better than 1 Blackwing is 2 Blackwings. :D

Stop picking on A10, till you’ve driven one you don’t know what you’re MISSING!
Believe me I know since we have BOTH versions. Market is simply adjusting to a downward trend, there are tons of cars available both BW4/5 autos/ manuals prices could not continue to hold. My son just picked up new 23 BW4 auto loaded A10 no carbon near 12K OFF LIST! M2C economy tanking!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back