Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

HELP!!!! 911

Drozboyz

Seasoned Member
So i was contacted by one of the dealers that I am the waitlist on.... Said they can get a build for me but carbon fiber option is the only stipulation. I think CF1 is available (have to confirm) but CF2 is not. From another dealer today I heard that the hold up is with CF2 , the rear diffuser has a sensor that allows you to open the trunk with your foot. That is the piece that is holding up CF2 . If you don't go with CF2 , does that function still work? I asked if I could go without CF2 and add those bits on installed by a dealer once available. Was told no on the rear diffuser because of the wiring involved with that sensor.... I will assume that the other pieces Grille header, Rocker Mouldings, Rocker Extensions can be added at a later date... Do I wait or take this opportunity to get the car........

That's a tough question, if you did go for it would they sell it to you for MSRP with no ADM.

So i was contacted by one of the dealers that I am the waitlist on.... Said they can get a build for me but carbon fiber option is the only stipulation. I think CF1 is available (have to confirm) but CF2 is not. From another dealer today I heard that the hold up is with CF2 , the rear diffuser has a sensor that allows you to open the trunk with your foot. That is the piece that is holding up CF2 . If you don't go with CF2 , does that function still work? I asked if I could go without CF2 and add those bits on installed by a dealer once available. Was told no on the rear diffuser because of the wiring involved with that sensor.... I will assume that the other pieces Grille header, Rocker Mouldings, Rocker Extensions can be added at a later date... Do I wait or take this opportunity to get the car........
I sent this to mirza w hopes he can help with this ……

Yes msrp would not ever pay more they are a quality caddy dealer
I didn't even know this comes with the sensor to use your foot to open the trunk.
That is a good dealer.

To get a better idea of how it would look, go the digital brochure and select cf1 and 2.

If you really want the CF bits I would get them from the factory IMO. I think if you get the CF rear diffuser you can’t get the hands free trunk. There was a discussion about it here a while back. Of course that could have changed…

If you really want the CF bits I would get them from the factory IMO. I think if you get the CF rear diffuser you can’t get the hands free trunk. There was a discussion about it here a while back. Of course that could have changed…
I really dont care about the foot trunk option, just want that diffuser… cmon mirza chime
In Possible to get the cf rear diffuser wo the trunk open sensor?

If its deleted with cf2, then I don't see why you can't get diffuser after. I think it may block the sensor if the diffuser is on. Just a thought.

yes, as far as I know the Carbon diffuser basically blocks the sensor....as far as being able to buy the diffuser at a later date, yes it will be available through your dealer just as a fender would be available for purchase. I can buy the carbon diffuser for my CTS-V so I don't see why they wouldn't have extras in the event someone gets in an accident and needs to purchase parts. can it be done, yes.....will it cost you a little more in the long run, I'd imagine so.

I think that sensor is basically part of an add on package, I could be wrong. I have CF1 and CF2 and my car is built

My sales guy called me about this a few months back.

Originally, cars could be configured with both CF packages AND whatever package included that hands free trunk release sensor (I think one of the convenience packages).

However, as has been discussed here, it was found the CF2 package diffuser interfered with that sensor, so two options were given. Remove CF2 package and keep hands free sensor. Or accept a modified convenience package sans trunk release sensor. This second option came with a $50-$100 (I forget exact amount) price drop in MSRP.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back