Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hail damage

jumpmanjay

Seasoned Member
We had a couple bouts of hail in the last couple days. Started the claim through State Farm. Car is fully PPF'd so I'm hoping that will be covered.

PXL_20230405_233228041.jpg

PXL_20230405_234703734.jpg

PXL_20230405_234721127.jpg

We once had 2 cars hit hard by hail. Probably 300+ hits on each car. Found the best paintless dent repair place we could and they made them back to perfect. It did cost the insurance something like 9 grand though for each car.

We once had 2 cars hit hard by hail. Probably 300+ hits on each car. Found the best paintless dent repair place we could and they made them back to perfect. It did cost the insurance something like 9 grand though for each car.
That's really encouraging to hear. On the State Farm site, I saw an article about paintless dent repair and was a little skeptical haha. I'd rather that work than have to get a new hood/trunk and then get them rewrapped/spoiler installed.

Insurance coverage for aftermarket additions vary with insurance companies and states. My insurance would only cover a fixed dollar amount, something like $2.5K. And something like ceramic coating is a no go.

I saw an article about paintless dent repair and was a little skeptical haha.

Back circa 2005 I was at an HPDE where a guy in an Evo lost his brakes after leaving the track. While making a U-turn in the garage area, he rolled into the side of a Gallardo at like 1 mph. Left a big dent on the Lambo's body behind the door. (I saw the Evo's in-car video, and the aftermath in-person.)

I heard later from the event organizer that it was fixed with dentless repair to the satisfaction of the owner.

Last edited:
That's really encouraging to hear. On the State Farm site, I saw an article about paintless dent repair and was a little skeptical haha. I'd rather that work than have to get a new hood/trunk and then get them rewrapped/spoiler installed.

With paintless dent repair they won't have to take the PPF off since these panels are accessible from the other side.

The place we used even took out all the door dings from both cars. It really is magic. The downside is that after the 9k+ claims x2, our insurance promptly dropped us after.

Paintless Dent Removal has come along way since its inception in the 1980's. Today's sheet metal is much thinner and pliable. Plus the new urethane paint doesn't crack like yesteryears cars. Cars with hail damage used to easily be a total loss. Not any more.

Well, it happened to me too. We were away at the time, but apparently a huge storm rolled through on Saturday and my neighbor reported ice cube-sized hail fell for about 20 minutes. Got my hood, roof, c-pillar, and trunk with over a dozen dings, and about a half dozen on my wife's Tesla (fortunately the Tesla's roof is glass).

@jumpmanjay how did you end up making out?

Most of the dings on my car are very minor, but there are a few on the hood (through the PPF) that are larger, including one that dented in the ridge in the center of the hood (see photo). Anyone think this can be fixed with PDR?

010be7e27237b6ec85f50038c3293b24602660c894.jpg

Anyone think this can be fixed with PDR?
I have no personal knowledge but some of these guys on Youtube seem to be able to get stuff way worse than that looking pretty amazing. This guy doesn't even have a large following and had her not shown it I would have said what he did here would be impossible:

Last edited:
Well, it happened to me too. We were away at the time, but apparently a huge storm rolled through on Saturday and my neighbor reported ice cube-sized hail fell for about 20 minutes. Got my hood, roof, c-pillar, and trunk with over a dozen dings, and about a half dozen on my wife's Tesla (fortunately the Tesla's roof is glass).

Most of the dings on my car are very minor, but there are a few on the hood (through the PPF) that are larger, including one that dented in the ridge in the center of the hood (see photo). Anyone think this can be fixed with PDR?

View attachment 18449
Oh no, sorry to hear! Car has been at the shop since last Wednesday. 😔 Still no ETA, unfortunately.

View attachment 18449
Don't even worry about that on the crease a PDR guy/gal will get that out no problem. I used PDR many,many times and have had way worse creased areas fixed.

We got hail in IL bad last week and luckily I just pulled into the garage before it hit. Sorry to see you weren’t as lucky. Hopefully the repair goes well

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back