Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Greetings from Montana!!!

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
I don't have a V... yet, anyway. I do, however have a base XLR. Rob posted about this site on the XLR-net forum so I decided to come "check it out". Had to register to see the pics of the 2014 ATS-V... might be the one for me. Will have the house paid off in April, 2014... so, will have extra $$$ to spare.

I don't have a V... yet, anyway. I do, however have a base XLR. Rob posted about this site on the XLR-net forum so I decided to come "check it out". Had to register to see the pics of the 2014 ATS-V... might be the one for me. Will have the house paid off in April, 2014... so, will have extra $$$ to spare.
Welcome aboard! :blinzel:

Yea... THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!! LOTS of fun!!! Now... it's a boring 75MPH speed limit. Although, up to 10MPH over will only cost $20... officers discretion. Over 100MPH will get you a reckless ticket and possible overnight in jail.

Last time I drove east through Montana it was still open. My intention was to cover 480 miles in the shortest amount of time, but your Interstate wasn't good enough for serious speed, so I just kicked back, put the cruise control on my 'Vette for 107 mph @ 2900 rpm and after that distance at that speed I was amazed at a 18.3 MPG. I normally got high 20's at 75, but thought the 18.3 was good for that speed. Proved out the aerodynamics of a Corvette.

18.3 is GREAT at 107!!! I consistantly get 27+ with my XLR at 80, which I think is very good as well. Best I've gotten is 32, going 70-75MPH between Colorado Springs and Las Cruces, NM in 2009. We (7 XLR's travelling together between Las Cruces and San Antonio) bumped it up to 95 once in Texas (85MPH speed limit). That's the fastest I've gone for any extended length of time. If I remember correctly, it cut my MPG to about 21...

Howdy,

Nice to have another member here.

MPG: I'm lucky to get 21 in my Vagon at 70 mph. At 110 it averaged 13.7 though.

If you can pull 21 mpg @ 95 mph, I'd say that your XLR is as clean as a late 80's Corvette aerodynamically. Can you remember what rpm you run at 95?

Not a clue... but, yes, aerodynamically, the xlr is definately one of the best.

I have no clue what the gearing is in my XLR... all I know is it's a BLAST to be behind the wheel. Too bad I have put it away for the Winter season... we had 4 inches of snow last Saturday, with more coming soon, I'm sure...
It's always a sad day when I put her away for the season...:frown::frown::frown:

I have no clue what the gearing is in my XLR... all I know is it's a BLAST to be behind the wheel. Too bad I have put it away for the Winter season... we had 4 inches of snow last Saturday, with more coming soon, I'm sure...
It's always a sad day when I put her away for the season...:frown::frown::frown:
I know what you mean. This weekend, I'm taking the ZR-1 out for one last drive, then change the oil, prep it for storage, and into the garage she goes until spring. :bawling:

Rob,

You have a late model ZR-1? How do you like it?

It's a 1990 ZR-1. I love it. It's a little bit of a pain in the butt getting out of it due to the high door sills, but I manage.

I'd love to buy a brand new one, but that's not happening unless by some stroke of good luck, I win a Powerball jackpot! :lol:

Attachments

• 1001.jpg
    1001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 1002.jpg
    1002.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 262

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed