Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM Extends Supercharger Warranty On 2009 -2013 Cadillac CTS-V?

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
attachment.php

The Car Connection has reported that GM has found a problem with the supercharger on select 2009 - 2013 Cadillac CTS-Vs.

On affected vehicles, the supercharger may not perform as designed, resulting in contamination of the unit's internal bearing shaft grease. When the problem is present, a rattle can be heard emanating from the engine at idle; slight acceleration above idle will cause it to go away.

If left uncorrected, contamination of the internal shaft bearing grease will accelerate into bearing failure, resulting in a loud squeal, then possible catastrophic engine damage or a no-start condition.

On affected vehicles, GM dealers will replace the supercharger at no charge.

For further information you can contact GM at 1-800-458-8006. You can also contact your local dealer with your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to determine if your vehicle is affected.

Source: GM Extends Supercharger Warranty On Chevy Camaro, Cadillac CTS-V

Attachments

• lxa supercharger lowersmall.jpg
    lxa supercharger lowersmall.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 532
I called the 800 number and talked with a couple of ladies there. The "recall" lady (and my service adviser) tells me there are no recalls on the CTS V for this.
The second lady I talked with at Cadillac confirmed that Cadillac is extending the warranty on the CTS V as indicated.

So, I've made a Memo For Record to me for the V Wagon to remind myself to listen to the engine for this rattle and squeal. The warranty on my supercharger will extend to Dec 2020 now. I wonder if I'll still own my V Wagon then.

Anyway, if something happens before then, Cadillac will replace the blower under warranty.

I got my official GM notification letter this week on this.
Filed it with my owners manual in case I ever need it.

I'm not hearing any rattle at idle, so I'm probably good for now.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back